Home » Audio » Speaker » Looking for Great Speaker Designs (appearance only)
Re: welcome to revolution [message #14827 is a reply to message #14826] Wed, 15 December 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Interesting pictures. I see you show a straight port, a flared port and a couple of labyrinths. Are you interested in horn designs too?

Re: welcome to revolution [message #14828 is a reply to message #14827] Wed, 15 December 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury is currently offline  Yury
Baron

never done it before. I'm even don't understand how horn work..
but anyway, it's should be bigger, then vented. isnt it?

Re: welcome to revolution [message #14829 is a reply to message #14828] Wed, 15 December 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, horns are larger than vented speakers. But they are more efficient too. That's their main advantage - They amplify sound acoustically. This also means the cone doesn't move as far for a given sound output, so distortion is reduced too. But they are much larger.

Re: welcome to revolution [message #14830 is a reply to message #14829] Wed, 15 December 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury is currently offline  Yury
Baron

sounds good! thank you for explane, Wayne. and thanks for private message. I'm realy not sure what and when can I posted.
ok. my son - Kosta, he's student of Art Academy, made big cases for future loudspeakers, but have not idea what's makes now. sealed, ported, or horn maybe.
this is big enclosers, I'll show pics for you next time. so, probably I'll try to calculate horn system

Re: welcome to revolution [message #14831 is a reply to message #14830] Wed, 15 December 2004 05:59 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, do look into horns. I think you'll enjoy them.

Previous Topic: ELECTRO-VOICE (E-V) vintage speakers
Next Topic: A new design from the t-line forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 16:11:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout