Home » Audio » Speaker » New low distortion Peerless XXLS 10" and 12" Subwoofers w/shorting ring
Re: New low distortion Peerless XXLS 10" and 12" Subwoofers w/shorting ring [message #14775 is a reply to message #14774] Tue, 16 November 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Adrian,

Torben Sondergaard said he would forward the request to engineering. There seems to be a lot of interest in this kind of driver right now, so maybe we'll see a handful of manufacturers making them in the next year or so.

I've changed my focus to a push-pull horn design, so I'm not as interested in the shorting ring woofer anymore. I mean, I always liked the sound better, so I'd love to see them made. But the push-pull arrangement does the same thing. You have to have two drivers, so for a small speaker, the shorting ring is still very attractive. But for a horn with two woofers, I'm looking at a few other things right now.

An improved woofer can be used in a push-pull design, but the beauty is that it cancels harmonics so it actually matters less how symmetrical the driver movement is. I think it may prove to cancel harmonics at lower frequencies too. I'm just now starting to get things ready for testing. So we'll see.

Wayne

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message