Home » Audio » Speaker » Cats vs Speakers
Cats vs Speakers [message #14704] Sun, 05 September 2004 13:33 Go to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
I notice that few of the woofers I've seen on ART have covers. Has anyone ever had problems with cats accidentally tearing up an uncovered woofer?

Re: Cats vs Speakers [message #14705 is a reply to message #14704] Sun, 05 September 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oberon is currently offline  Oberon
Chancellor
I've had trouble with them but solved it with a grill. A barbeque grill, that is. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Re: Cats vs Speakers [message #14706 is a reply to message #14704] Mon, 06 September 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Dean,

We currently have three cats -- four until my dear Antigone, a/k/a "Tig", died at age 22 earlier this year. None has ever displayed any interest in any of my speaker drivers (or ports, some of which are probably big enough to allow them access!). All damage to drivers over the years has been caused by curious little fingers and vacuum hoses.

I do have one cat who like to lie on my Welborne Reveille preamp during the winter so she can incubate -- or be incubated by -- the tubes protruding from the top cover, but that's another story . . .

e

Re: Cats vs Speakers [message #14714 is a reply to message #14704] Tue, 07 September 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Only when my cat was a kitten, it ripped a hole in one of my surrounds playing around. but since it's gotten older it dosen't even mess with the speakers anymore.

Re: Cats vs Speakers [message #14715 is a reply to message #14706] Tue, 07 September 2004 14:17 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My old cat that I had, use to love to sleep in the amp rack on my old system,1-Crown DC300A, 1-Crown D150, I kept forgetting to check the rack if the cat went missing for a few days, there she'd be.
Bill W.

Previous Topic: speaker ohms
Next Topic: Adire Tempest horn sub
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 15:15:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers