Home » Audio » General » Stonehenge Speakers
Stonehenge Speakers [message #1448] Sun, 03 April 2005 09:39 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm really looking forward to hearing these at the GPAF, althouth I expect the room dimensions will not do them justice. Looks like they might fall into that "best speaker you might ever own" category. I'm glad to see someone is again offering large, high quality coaxial drivers in generously sized enclosure. Size does matter.

Re: Stonehenge Speakers [message #1449 is a reply to message #1448] Sun, 03 April 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Me too!
-akhilesh

Take a look at these [message #1451 is a reply to message #1448] Sun, 03 April 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
PAudio coaxials - with and without cabinets.

Re: Take a look at these [message #1452 is a reply to message #1451] Sun, 03 April 2005 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks for pointing these out. The biggest problem with all the non-mainstream offerings on the market is that you don't have an opportunity hear them unless someone you know has already bought one, or the manufacturer exhibits at an event like the GPAF. So I'm glad the folks from Iconic Audio will be exhibiting their Stonehenge speakers at the GPAF and wish David were going to be there too with his Audio Nirvana, PAudio, and other products. Too bad he's missing this opportunity - they probably are very good drivers too.

PAudio [message #1453 is a reply to message #1452] Mon, 04 April 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Fred, What's your opinion of the 15 or 18" open baffles. I know you cannot say much without having heard them. Do you think they are worth a shot? I'm a little concerned about the 63Hz roll-off. I would like to have an another bass octace without having to fill in with a sub.

Like you, I wish they would come to the GPAF. Even though I'm not going to be there, I would still like to hear from someone who has heard them.....Colin

Thanks for pointing these out [message #1454 is a reply to message #1451] Mon, 04 April 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Since your post, David Dicks and I have written several times regarding the 18" open baffles. This is what I was looking for: both a fairly priced product and good communication.....Colin

Re: PAudio [message #1455 is a reply to message #1453] Mon, 04 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm not sure that I'm qualified to answer this question, but the first thing that comes to mind is the Magnepan 3.6's I used to listen to. They are open baffle dipoles and the lowest bass was rolled off. If you wanted to listen to pipe organ music you needed a subwoofer, but there was no shortage of midbass slam without the sub.

Now, how about someone who actually has experience with open baffle dynamic speakers - how did the bass sound to you?

OB Bass [message #1456 is a reply to message #1455] Mon, 04 April 2005 19:37 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

My current speakers are 3-way OB. The bass is from a single 15" driver in a 17" H-baffle. In-room the RTA says I get flat response to about 30Hz with +12dB of EQ.

Previous Topic: headphone amp for Sennheiser
Next Topic: Organ Scandal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 22:40:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout