Home » Audio » Source » DAC-AH output stage by-passing...?
DAC-AH output stage by-passing...? [message #14310] Thu, 22 June 2006 19:14 Go to next message
JANDG is currently offline  JANDG
Esquire
I want to by-pass the output stage on my slightly modded DAC-AH, can I tap @ R35 & R36 & out thru a pair of 2.2uf Auricaps..?
Thanks,
J & G

Re: DAC-AH output stage by-passing...? [message #14313 is a reply to message #14310] Mon, 26 June 2006 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If the op-amps are socketed, you can swap them for better parts, maybe swap components C36 and C36 with better caps. R35 and R36 are critical, so make sure they are good quality parts too.

Re: DAC-AH output stage by-passing...? [message #14315 is a reply to message #14313] Mon, 26 June 2006 06:59 Go to previous message
JANDG is currently offline  JANDG
Esquire
I ended up doing R35-R36 by-pass & this point, it workes Extremelly well, I started with 1uf & worked up from there to finally settling on 4.7f generic PP film w/ a .022uf Vitamin Q over that, the results are super nice. Much better detail, smooth & sparkle without fatigue on top end, That Vitamin .022 bypass on the 4.75 film I would say is critical in what I ended up with. I have the Mundorf silvers in the C1 & C2 spot, the unit was the allready moded version DIYbiz.com has. I added extra set of RCA's so you can switch between stack output stage & the bypassed one. I also have socketed ops627's in the normal output stage. The bypass is prefered to me,also the gain reduction is not that much, I think I seen it measured somewhere as 1.4 v with bypass, so plenty for passive direct as I run. I didn't like this DAC @ 1st , but it has lots of potential & now runs with my best DAC & maybe better in some reguards. I highlly recommend the bypass with extra RCA's so you can see what you like best by A/B the 2. & forget about the supposed NO-NO on bypassing signal caps, in this case it is highlyy recommended.

Previous Topic: Marantz PMD220 RCA line out problem
Next Topic: Berendsen cdp-1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 02:49:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout