Home » Audio » General » $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF?
$125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF? [message #1403] Wed, 30 March 2005 01:04 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yo Dave,

I was looking around on your website this evening and saw the silver AN E speakers you brought to MAF. Brought back memories. I remember the hub-bub over yonder about them just before the show. I remember helping you carry them up to the room in Lima. And I remember thinking how nice the wood finish looked.

Audio Note E Sogon Speakers

Looks like Peter added a crossover box, and your site says it's wired with silver parts, just like the voice coils and interconnects. I was wonderin', are you bringing those $125,000 speakers to GPAF?

Wayne

Re: $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF? [message #1408 is a reply to message #1403] Fri, 01 April 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Nope, sorry Wayne, those babies went back to England - most likely to Peter Q's listening room - after CES! Actually, every single inch of the signal path in our entire CES system was silver. Those speaker crossovers weigh close to 50lbs each. Surprised we weren't boarded by pirates!

I haven't decided which E's to bring. Could be SPe's like MAF, or Lexus with (copper) external crossovers, or an older pair of SE Silvers which are holding forth in my living room currently. Besides the E's, I'll be bringing more modestly priced AZ Twos and probably AX Two's as well.

I still hope to have my Kit Pre built by then, but the 2A3 amp won't be. Haven't seen the iron yet, and that one's a scratch built deal.

Other electronics will include the new M3 pre-amp, Quest Silver mono blocks, CDT2/II, (but not the CDT1/II, which won't be shipping until after the show), DAC3.1x Bal and DAC1.1x MkII. Probably an integrated amp as well, and the Kit 4. I'd like to bring an M1 or M2 and a Conqueror, but I'll run out of room before I get to them, I'm afraid.

Man, I wish my Volvo wagon had a roof rack . .. . . .

Re: $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF? [message #1410 is a reply to message #1408] Fri, 01 April 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This is gonna be a great time! Did you see the Altec folks from Iconic are coming too?

Re: $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF? [message #1413 is a reply to message #1410] Fri, 01 April 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Yes, I did. Looking forward to hearing them. I have a couple friends who are complete Altec freaks.

Unlike MAF, I AM going to hear other things at this show. I'll have a "Be Back at x:xx sign ready to hang! Won't take more than a couple breaks, but I'm still bugged about things I missed at MAF due to own stupidity.

Re: $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF? [message #1415 is a reply to message #1413] Fri, 01 April 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll bet you can talk Mark Margiotta or one of the other Tulsa group into holding the fort for you while you make the rounds.

Re: $125,000 Audio Note speakers at GPAF? [message #1418 is a reply to message #1415] Fri, 01 April 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Good thought!

Although, for Mark that might constitute a real "Please, Br'er Bear, don't throw me in that briar patch" kinda situation . . . .

Be Back Soon! [message #1419 is a reply to message #1413] Fri, 01 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guitarplayer is currently offline  guitarplayer
Baron
I am going to do the same thing! I hope we all don't do it at the same time...everyone will be walking around wondering why others rooms are closed!

Re: Be Back Soon! [message #1433 is a reply to message #1419] Sat, 02 April 2005 01:27 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We all had the same problem at MAF. I think Friday will sort of turn into exhibitor day, where we all setup and visit one another. We'll see each other power up and get a sample of the gear. Then Saturday afternoon will be when most of the attendees come and the rooms are all playing sweeeet music.

Previous Topic: Tripp Lite go no go
Next Topic: Taking Requests for GPAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 12 04:09:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout