Home » Audio » Source » Marantz PMD220 RCA line out problem
Marantz PMD220 RCA line out problem [message #13868] Tue, 20 June 2006 14:08 Go to next message
lthanlon is currently offline  lthanlon
Esquire
I just purchased a new Marantz PMD220 cassette recorder for an oral-history project and I'm stymied over the RCA phono-plug line in and line outs on this unit. None of the RCA plugs on more than a half-dozen cables I have will fit snugly. In fact, the retaining lip or ring surrounding the plug seems like it isn't fitting properly, or perhaps the plugs themselves aren't long enough.

Either that or I'm simply not exerting enough pressure to shove the plug into place.

A call to Marantz tech support yielded assurances that the PMD220 has a standard RCA phono female receptor.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? The record is otherwise ideal for my project.

Leigh Hanlon
Chicago, USA

Re: Marantz PMD220 RCA line out problem [message #13869 is a reply to message #13868] Tue, 20 June 2006 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The connector might be fatigued or worn out. That's one of the problems with RCA connectors - the inner connection sometimes stresses and expands on the female and the outer sometimes does on the male. But they're inexpensive enough to replace.

Re: Marantz PMD220 RCA line out problem [message #13870 is a reply to message #13869] Tue, 20 June 2006 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lthanlon is currently offline  lthanlon
Esquire
Wayne,

I'll check again when I get home tonight, but connector wear isn't likely to be the problem. Some of the RCA phone plugs in question were bought within the past week and haven't been used before.

This is really odd. I'll take another look.

Leigh

Re: Marantz PMD220 RCA line out problem [message #13871 is a reply to message #13868] Sat, 24 June 2006 18:42 Go to previous message
sam is currently offline  sam
Esquire
Hey,
The problem is not with the RCA jacks on the Marantz unit.Use professional RCA cables and push them in all the way-- when you take them out don't just pull them out or the outer jacked on the RCA jack will break off. Sort off twist them off.

Previous Topic: harmon kardon st-8 belt
Next Topic: DAC-AH output stage by-passing...?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 09 19:00:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio