Home » Audio » Source » Best Turntable Model? BSR, Dual, NAD...
Best Turntable Model? BSR, Dual, NAD... [message #13349] Fri, 13 April 2007 12:04 Go to next message
BigCat21 is currently offline  BigCat21
Esquire
Hi all,

I am setting up a nice, but rather fun and eclectic audio system using Denon and other components. I am installing a turntable to play some older vinyl. I have at my disposal three somewhat vintage turntables and am wondering if any of you gurus can rate them in order of "worthiness". I will install the second best one in another system.

Here are the three:

BSR 810 Transcription
Dual 1264
NAD Stereo Turntable 5125

Thanks!
BigCat

Re: Best Turntable Model? BSR, Dual, NAD... [message #13380 is a reply to message #13349] Tue, 08 May 2007 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Sounds pretty nice to me, let us know how it works out and how nice it turns out to be.

Re: Best Turntable Model? BSR, Dual, NAD... [message #13384 is a reply to message #13380] Wed, 16 May 2007 16:49 Go to previous message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Back in the day, Gerrard was THE turntable to have. In my opinion anyway. Years ago, I had an old compact system that had a Gerrard turntable. The setup was as I recall, a solid state system, that had the turntable built in. To be honest, this was so long ago I don;t recall the specs and serial numbers. I do rememberer that the sounds that came out of that system were sweet. I know, this all probably dates me! So be it!

Previous Topic: I want to be converted!
Next Topic: Tonearm Balancing Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 12:13:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout