Home » Audio » Source » Idler Drive and my Rek-O-Kut project
Re: Idler Drive and my Rek-O-Kut project [message #13313 is a reply to message #13311] Fri, 09 March 2007 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I mentioned earlier that electrical hum seemed to be very wire position sensitive. I found the problem. It seems the Monster Cable Interlink 400 MkII I'm using doesn't like being a phono stage wire. I'm not sure if it's the way the wire is built or the 10 foot length. I traded places with the preamp out wire, a blue colored IC that came with my Jolida CD player that's three feet long. Now, the hum is lower than ever and makes only minor differences when moving it around.
At this point in time, I can safely say that this set-up is by far the best sounding of any turntable I've ever owned in about forty years of audio passion. Hum is as low as I could ever get with my Denon DP-75, and mechanical noise is on a par with my AR-XA. I can hardly wait to get the Black Widow arm, now. Also impatient for Spring to get here so I can put a finish on it. Dang North-land weather, anyway.

Dave

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message