Home » Audio » General » VTV/Scotch
VTV/Scotch [message #1256] Wed, 02 February 2005 13:53 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say where has VTV gone? The last issue looks to be back around the summer.
Wayne; I never pictured you for a Scotch drinker. Is that true?

Re: VTV/Scotch [message #1257 is a reply to message #1256] Thu, 03 February 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
No, I haven't drank in a long time. I'm a teetotaler and have been for 15 years. But I do remember...

I saw your post about VTV yesterday and assumed Eric or Charlie would respond, so I didn't. But in an E-Mail a couple days ago, Charlie mentioned that there is another VTV issue coming soon.

Re: VTV/Scotch [message #1259 is a reply to message #1257] Thu, 03 February 2005 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I see; I saw your post concerning this topic on the Pi foruum, thats why I asked.

Re: VTV/Scotch [message #1260 is a reply to message #1257] Fri, 04 February 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Funny, these days is exactly 20 years without even drop of alcohol for me...

Re: VTV/Scotch [message #1261 is a reply to message #1260] Fri, 04 February 2005 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So; thats who does that song! Hypnotizing chickin's; can't beat it with a stick.
On Mott St. across from Wu Hopps there used to be a little amusement area and outside the large garage opening there was a big red sign that said,"World Famous Dancing Chicken!!", Inside for 25c there was a chicken in a glass box; when you placed a quarter in the slot a trap door would open and the chicken would walk out to get some feed and zap! he would get a little shock that would cause him to jitter his feet like he was dancing. I must have put 50$ in that box over the years.
Yes; it was different chickens.
Why 20 years; is that an anniversery?
Out of all things I miss; that is the one, a good bottle of single malt.

Re: VTV/Scotch - very OT :-) [message #1264 is a reply to message #1261] Sat, 05 February 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I like the story by Ch. Bukowski where he saw the man in an amusement-park wearing red clothes in a cage, with a "Devil" sign... When he saw Bukowski, he cried and yelled :"My son, get me outta here!"
The rest of the story is a funny fantastic/ironic/alcoholic mess...

Re: VTV/Scotch - very OT :-) [message #1265 is a reply to message #1264] Sat, 05 February 2005 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Man; that is funny! What's the name of that story? What did you think of the movie? With Mickey Rourke? I thought the scene when the two cops come in the door for the third time and he says"What are you guys on duty 24 hrs a day?" was pretty funny.
And Fay Dunaway asks him if he hates people and he says"I don't hate people; I just seem to feel better when the're not around."
They caught the bar scene pretty good. Ever wake up under a pool table?

Barfly [message #1269 is a reply to message #1265] Sun, 06 February 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
IMO - the movie is "so-so", I like his short stories, for example books:"Hot Water Music", "Notes of a Dirty Old Man", "Tales of Ordinary Madness",... This story "The Devil Was Hot" is from the "South of No North" book...
Didn`t read it for the long time, but when I turned the leaves of those books again... smile...

Re: Barfly [message #1270 is a reply to message #1269] Sun, 06 February 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That oughta' keep me busy for a while!
Although I couldn't quote them I have liked his poetry, the one's I remmember.

Re: Barfly [message #1271 is a reply to message #1270] Sun, 06 February 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Neither do I - only one song I can remember, about like this:
"I have the bluebird in my heart who wants to get out/but I`m pouring whiskey on him and inhale the cigarete smoke..."

Previous Topic: GCAC meet
Next Topic: Midwest Audio Fest 2005 - Any word?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 10 01:23:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio