Home » Audio » Source » Cartridge selection question
Cartridge selection question [message #12514] Sun, 28 August 2005 23:11 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I have acquired a Denon DP-35 which has a Grado G-1 cartridge that has a broken stylus and a hum or noise in the right channel. What would be a good replacement for this TT? I realize it's not a TOTL but I just want a decent cartridge and have no clue these days. I haven't kept up with things since I bought a Shure V-15 type III many years ago Thank you for your help.
Mike

Re: Cartridge selection question [message #12517 is a reply to message #12514] Tue, 30 August 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominic is currently offline  Dominic
Chancellor
I picked up a new shure M97x on amazon through a special for $30. It works great for me. I have some others but that's the one I'm using right now. be sure that your turntable takes a standard mount. as for the hum, you probably need to check your wires, or it may go away with a good cart.

Re: Cartridge selection question [message #12518 is a reply to message #12517] Tue, 30 August 2005 20:29 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I'm hoping it's the cartridge because when I got it the stylus was canted off to the side about 15 degrees. Thanks for the reply.

Previous Topic: Onix XCD-88
Next Topic: Happy Birthday to Vinyl Nirvana
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 15:23:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout