Home » Audio » Source » ID of LP's
Re: ID of LP's [message #12469 is a reply to message #12468] Thu, 18 August 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Oh don't get me wrong; I agree. Vinyl still beats CD like a drum. And that music may never be available again. So you are correct. My point was to try and buy records for the investment potential is impossible now and the amount of time and effort involved in setting up a turntable properly and keeping it running right is difficult. Replacing cartridges, belts etc. Then trying to buy vinyl used knowing that most likely whoever owned it previously did not track the album properly so there is mis-tracking and distortion from unequal tracking forces; inner-groove distortion etc.
Then the sharks that hover over every record venue stacking up on all the decent vinyl and holding it until it can be sold for rediculous prices. And they keep the good stuff out of circulation so you cannot even hear it. Anyone who believes those stories about the guy who finds all these great records at the Salvation Army or some garage sale are kidding themselves.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Grados,ortophons,shures and AR turntable hum
Next Topic: Anti Skate
Goto Forum: