Home » Audio » General » Significant accomplishments
Re: Significant accomplishments [message #1210 is a reply to message #1209] Sun, 02 January 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
What I love about this place is that a schlumiel like me knows the opinions expressed as facts on other boards are fullashit and then I can come here and find out why!
Then there's the idea that someone like Jim Griffin and I have had a literally "nodding" acquaintance since MAF 1 when I trundled the Theatre 4's thru his demo room and we've been nodding at each other ever since (he's thinking, 'now where do I know that guy from?')at MAF 2 and the Dayton DIY, etc.; but we have a conversation here on the Board and I learn something.
My own accomplishment was spurred by our taciturn friend Speakerman who goaded me into building the sandboxes for my speakers. I continue to be astonished by the enormous positive change they make.
And finally, there's the community aspect. I have sent out parts, received parts, offered technical help, received technical help, expressed an interest in a driver and received a referral to a source, schematics, hand-holding and out and out "here ya go dummy, take it!"

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Happy New Years!
Next Topic: Southwest High End Audio Club Meeting (Houston)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 00:50:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio