Home » Audio » Source » Vinyl onto CD
Vinyl onto CD [message #12045] Wed, 06 April 2005 17:49 Go to next message
Enty is currently offline  Enty
Esquire
Just another quick question - If I wanted to put my vinyl onto CD via my PC how would I do it - I presume I would need leads (what leads would I need?) and software? I have "Nero 6 Reloaded" as my CD burner - is there any other software I need, and would it hide or minimise any surface scratching on the vinyl?

Re: Vinyl onto CD [message #12046 is a reply to message #12045] Wed, 06 April 2005 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You need a program to upload from the vynil to your hardrive that allows you to compress the signal from wav files to CD. Try this; Exact Audio Copy it has lp to cd capabilities and is rated very highly by users. That is their website, just google it.

Re: Vinyl onto CD [message #12058 is a reply to message #12045] Fri, 08 April 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominic is currently offline  Dominic
Chancellor
The mechanics of recording are pretty simple. the audio input on your computer needs to get hooked up to the two RCA plugs from your amplifier. There's just a ton of stuff out there you can google on.

I have a few web pages of my own that may be worth a click.

http://dvautier.home.comcast.net/audio/audio.htm

And another which talks more about LPs

http://dvautier.home.comcast.net/lp/lp.htm

good luck and good recording.

Re: Vinyl onto CD [message #12059 is a reply to message #12058] Fri, 08 April 2005 18:00 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Just run two RCA jacks from your amp to the PC and you can record vinyl?? And all this time I have been struggling with LP transfer programs. I wish I would have seen this sooner.

Previous Topic: Numark TT1610
Next Topic: Ground static
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 16:00:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout