Home » Audio » Source » Pink Triangle LPT repair?
Pink Triangle LPT repair? [message #11926] Sat, 12 February 2005 03:47 Go to next message
sham is currently offline  sham
Esquire
I am the v proud owner of PT Little Pink Thing GTI which has not worked since I moved house six months ago.

When powered on the motor spindle turns a fraction and vibrates but will not spin. Any ideas?

I read somewhere about PT power supplies being suspect and that Origin Live supply replacements - Ian Ward@Vickers Hi-Fi in York has shoehorned one of these into other PT turntables, but I wonder if this is the source of the problem.

Any ideas about what the prob could be and resolution would be appreciated. I'm not very "hands on" with expensive hi-fi, so if anyone could point me in the direction of help it would be appreciated!!

Sham - missing his LPs....

Re: Pink Triangle LPT repair? [message #11927 is a reply to message #11926] Sat, 12 February 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats a tough one. Could be the motor is seized from wear. How old is the unit? What happened during the move, is it possible in the process of unpacking the TT the motor shaft was banged?
Why do you suspect the power supply? When you say you moved house did you move out of country?
Is that a DC or AC supply?
Depending upon how handy with tools you are I would suggest consulting a tech. There are a number of issues possible with this and it may need a pro to fix and since that is a nice table I would be carefull.
I know Pink Triangle is defunct, or at least I think I know; but there is a good following. Have you tried posting on one of the specialty group sites such as Yahoo?

Re: Pink Triangle LPT repair? [message #11928 is a reply to message #11927] Sun, 13 February 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sham is currently offline  sham
Esquire
thanks manualblock.

the tt is about 12 years old now but has worked fine until the move. I was careful as I possible could be when moving it and don't recall banging it. i did not move out of the country but I think I will consult some experts on this.

(i covered my bets and posted here too: http://www.audiotoolsdirect.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/23/61.html?

i've contacted Noteworthy as they seem pretty useful and are local-ish to me.

thanks again.

btw - haven't come across any groups/fan sites for PT yet - you?

Sham

Re: Pink Triangle LPT repair? [message #11929 is a reply to message #11928] Sun, 13 February 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry; I am a Linn guy so have all the Linn stuff. I think the Pink is a great sounding unit, I even heard their mod for the Linn and liked it.
Good luck with it.

Re: Pink Triangle LPT repair? [message #11942 is a reply to message #11929] Thu, 17 February 2005 12:11 Go to previous message
audio origami is currently offline  audio origami
Esquire
hi
ive had a few of these with capacitor faults on the pcb ...causeing the fault you mention...i would think its not the motor

i have a DIY brushless motor on my site

just email me
j7

Previous Topic: Sansui Turntable - Cartridge?
Next Topic: How Often Do YOU Lube platter shaft / motor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 01:28:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio