Home » Audio » Source » Actual bias vs set bias/antiskate
Re: Actual bias vs set bias/antiskate [message #11755 is a reply to message #11754] Sun, 05 December 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My current cartridge is an ortofon OM 30. Found it on the internet for only 159.00. When I [purchased it, it was for the AR arm, which was a great match. Hopefully, it will be ok for the black widow. The black widows instruction sheet shows it with a denon cart, I believe the 103.
It looks kind of big, but I guess the compliance is correct or something. If the OM 30 doesn't work well, I have a few on my list, but really have no idea if they will work with the black widow. The current shure v15, Goldring 1042, and even more doubtfull about it & the black widow arm, AT Oc9. I just got an email that the arm board is ready and will be sent out on monday. Hopefully I will know soon! Now that I have learned that this gentlemen is remaking most of the merrill mods, I may be using this table in my main system lomger than I had planned. I may go for another arm at some point, like you considering a rega. I stumbled on this arm (black widow) in mint shape in original box etc for 50.00 bucks, so I can't resist trying it.

Regards,
Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Turntable for less than $300?
Next Topic: Transistors/ cross referencing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 05 13:22:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout