Home » Audio » Source » Finally completed the Hagerman Bugle
Finally completed the Hagerman Bugle [message #11725] Sat, 06 November 2004 16:17 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I couldn't leave well enough alone and so built the 15 volt power supply to supplant the 9 volt battery power. Had all sorts of issues and delays. Not used to them thar circwit boards. Had one channel playing last week and wound up installing $22 worth of Vampire RCA's in this $60 project to make it work.

It took so long I forgot who to thank over here for some advice; Garman?

For something else to do I tore the line cord and RCA patch cord out of the table and installed IEC, Vampire RCA's and a ground/binding post off the cartridge ground. I probably won't hear any difference but it helps justify the expense of cartridge upgrades.LOL.

Best of all there's so much music you come across in used records that you wouldn't spend $13 on as a CD but thoroughly enjoy for 50 cents to a couple of bucks. And the old classical Monos. Opera. Paul Potzki and his Polka Putz's.

The downside is that now I'll have to build a wider equipment rack.

Re: Finally completed the Hagerman Bugle [message #11726 is a reply to message #11725] Sat, 06 November 2004 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Looks like fun, Bill. Is this what you have there? Looks like a pretty cool little kit!

Re: Finally completed the Hagerman Bugle [message #11727 is a reply to message #11726] Sun, 07 November 2004 05:18 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
60 bucks gets you the fono board and the parts from Digikey to run it battery powered. Another 60 gets the PSU board from Jim and the parts from Digikey to ditch the batteries. I'm told the 15V supply makes it sound better but with the Marantz 6100/Shure 92 combo I really can't hear it. Not having to charge the batteries was what I was after.

You provide your own switch, fuse, wire IEC and RCA jacks. I must have about $170 in it with the Hammond box. There are several complete phono stages from Parasound and NAD, etc for about the same money but you don't get to holler "YEAH" when you chase away the last "bug" and the thing works.

Previous Topic: Phono Stage
Next Topic: Dual 621 counterweight came loose
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 03:13:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout