Home » Audio » Source » New
New [message #11602] Sat, 08 May 2004 23:36 Go to next message
X-Cerpt is currently offline  X-Cerpt
Esquire
I've been over at a friend's house for a long time learning on Technic 1210s and a rather nice RANE mixer. I'm looking to buy my own soon on a college-kid budget. Where should I look? Used or not, doesn't matter. As long as they aren't busted.

Re: New [message #11604 is a reply to message #11602] Sun, 09 May 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
For new turntables, check with FSAudio and Triode & Co. Both are sponsors of AudioRoundTable.com and both carry high-quality turntables in various price ranges from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands. So write to them 'cause they're both nice folks and can get you whatever you need, in whatever price range you're comfortable with.

Also, I know you said "new" but if the budget is really tight, I suggest checking the pawn shops for a used Technics direct-drive turntable. Audiophiles these days prefer belt-drives but I've had good luck with the older Technics too.

Re: New [message #11605 is a reply to message #11604] Sun, 09 May 2004 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
X-Cerpt is currently offline  X-Cerpt
Esquire
Thanks for the help. Budget flexuates, so I'll just wait to see when something is available from those people and I have money. Thank you.

X-Cerpt

Re: New [message #11608 is a reply to message #11604] Wed, 12 May 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Hi Wayne!

Much as I appreciate the mention, I think he's looking for tables to use for DJ work. Belt drive tables don't go there . . . . . ;-)

Re: New [message #11609 is a reply to message #11608] Wed, 12 May 2004 12:01 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, he may be using them for DJ work. But I wasn't sure so I made mentions about both belt-drive and direct-drive units.

Previous Topic: Major Vinyl score today
Next Topic: Hagerman Bugle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 23:59:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout