Home » Audio » Source » Spinning slow
Spinning slow [message #11595] Tue, 04 May 2004 11:20 Go to next message
Ryan is currently offline  Ryan
Esquire
Hi all,

I have Sony PS LX430 and I recently noticed that it spins slower than what it used to.

Is this because of the belt is old and I need to replace that? or is it due to more complicated problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Spinning slow [message #11596 is a reply to message #11595] Wed, 05 May 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry is currently offline  Larry
Chancellor
the problem may be the belt. it may also be a defective motor or something in the electronics. this model uses a motor drive ic as well as a couple of transistors to switch and adjust the two speeds. check the belt, if that's not the problem, you can send it in for repair.

Re: Spinning slow [message #11597 is a reply to message #11595] Thu, 06 May 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jake is currently offline  jake
Esquire
i have a technics sl23a and the belt and motor are old. The turntable will slow down and speed up randomly and sometimes just stop.If the belt is not the problem, how can i repair the motor...because the turntable itself is from the 70's i doubt i could send it in....any radioshak solutions??
thanks in advance
-jake

Re: Spinning slow [message #11598 is a reply to message #11597] Thu, 06 May 2004 16:34 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You might write to Larry directly; He may be able to help you out. Larry is with Approved Audio Service, which is one of the AudioRoundTable.com sponsors. They may be able to give you a quote or at least an estimate on repair costs.

Previous Topic: Ah, nostalgia! It used to be simple
Next Topic: Major Vinyl score today
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 17:09:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout