Home » Audio » Source » new TT from Doc. B
new TT from Doc. B [message #11549] Sun, 28 March 2004 20:16 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anybody see the new TT that Doc. Bottlehead is selling looks real nice and fairly priced.

Re: new TT from Doc. B [message #11550 is a reply to message #11549] Sun, 28 March 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, I saw that turntable. Looks really great! It's actually a DIYHifi deal isn't it?

Re: new TT from Doc. B [message #11551 is a reply to message #11550] Mon, 29 March 2004 16:37 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes it's a kit. It seems you assemble the bearing and skeleton plinth and it has a seperate motor pod. Then you pick out your own arm they say they drill the armboard for a Rega 250 or Moerch you get two seperate armboards with the kit. With a Moerch it looks like a great deal but it is still around 2k all together. Some say the Shure type 5 sounds very good on the unipivot. You cannot beat the Shure. Even the m97e is a good cartridge for 90$ in my opinion. You know I think these big companies can afford the R&D and volumne pricing that the small guys have a hard time competing with in something like a phono cart. The other thing is the shure has been around how long and it is still competitive; where are the advancements in audio? I still use a type 3 occasionally and I could live with it easily with no regrets. Good tweak; crazy glue the body of the stylus of your M97 to the cartridge body and laugh when you hear how good it sounds and how well it tracks.

Previous Topic: AR needle force gauge
Next Topic: Discman problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 14:15:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout