Home » Audio » Source » AR needle force gauge
AR needle force gauge [message #11545] Sat, 27 March 2004 21:52 Go to next message
Geoff is currently offline  Geoff
Esquire
I am attempting to set up an old AR turntable model XA Universal model in the correct manner but I do not have a needle force gauge and the arm length adjustment guide. Where can I get these or are there substitutions?
Geoff

Re: AR needle force gauge [message #11547 is a reply to message #11545] Sat, 27 March 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howard is currently offline  Howard
Baron

Dear Geoff,

I have seen one of these come up on eBay. I will be more than happy to pass on some dimensions for you because it may be possible to make one. I have had a lot of help from J.R. setting up my old XB1. I am sure he might be able to help source one for you.

I would be interested in some pictures of an XA to add to my AR page

Best Wishes

Howard (Queensland)

Re: AR needle force gauge [message #11548 is a reply to message #11545] Sun, 28 March 2004 20:14 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Try Tim At Tim@turntablebasics.com he will have a gauge for a couple bucks that is accurate and universal for setting alignment and for stylus tracking force use the shure gauge again about ten dollars.

Previous Topic: AR XB1 wire ring mod?
Next Topic: new TT from Doc. B
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 16:15:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout