Home » Audio » General » Ever get flamed for being "technical" on a speaker forum?
Ever get flamed for being "technical" on a speaker forum? [message #1131] Fri, 26 November 2004 08:57 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I made a few posts on a car audio forum whoes name I wont mention, where basically no body knows anything. I made a couple of replies to a thread where someone had a problem with driver over-excursion on sealed boxes and free air subs, nothing too technical but obviously way in advance of what anyone on that particular car audio forum could comprehend. I got flamed by forum members for "killing a good thread with a technical bitch fight", when all I did was explain how a sealed box works! Really, I just talked about Qtc and driver xmax! And I even explained what the terms are.... Grrrrr..... last time I ever post there, they can talk about what brands will make their subs pump and when somebody comes in with a problem I'll let them offer their own advice which is basically "take it back where you bought it" and "bigger boxes make more bass".

Re: Ever get flamed for being "technical" on a speaker forum? [message #1132 is a reply to message #1131] Fri, 26 November 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Dontcha just love those guys?

Who's the audience? [message #1134 is a reply to message #1131] Fri, 26 November 2004 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It's hard to tell who's on the other end of the keyboard. You could be discussing technical issues with some kid that cares about nothing other than his two-sneakers-in-a-dryer system....Colin

Post a link [message #1135 is a reply to message #1131] Mon, 29 November 2004 17:58 Go to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
-For entertainment :P

Cheers!

Previous Topic: Happy turkey day you turkey's
Next Topic: Happy thanks giving and wanted to share a revelatory moment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 04:42:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio