Home » Audio » General » Great Meeting!
Great Meeting! [message #1093] Sun, 14 November 2004 16:27 Go to next message
Bob Soden is currently offline  Bob Soden
Chancellor
Hey guys!

Just wanted to express my thanks for all those that attended the November Audiophile Club Meeting, it was Great! I want to thank everyone for their participation, and hopefully everyone learned or experienced as many new things as I did. With great appreciation for those that brought equipment, Forrest, Mark, Bill, Norris, and Wayne.
Marks tube amp really made Wayne's Horns sing!
Also great thanks to the girls who graciously catered to our stomachs. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and thanks for coming.
I can't wait to hear the line array Bill is building and Norris's new tube amp. Perhaps at the next meeting!?

Bob Soden

Great Plains November 2004 Audio Club meeting photos [message #1094 is a reply to message #1093] Sun, 14 November 2004 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Bob,

I sure do thank you for inviting us all into your home. The food was great, your system sounds great, and everyone had a wonderful time.

• Great Plains November 2004 Audio Club meeting photos

Thanks for having us!

Wayne

• Re: Great Meeting! [message #1095 is a reply to message #1093] Mon, 15 November 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
    Illuminati (3rd Degree)
    Sounds like a great meet. Sorry I missed it.
    -akhilesh

Re: Great Plains November 2004 Audio Club meeting photos [message #1096 is a reply to message #1094] Mon, 15 November 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
    Illuminati (13th Degree)
    Looks like fun guys; what is it about guys holding babies that looks scary? For the baby I mean.

Re: Great Plains November 2004 Audio Club meeting photos [message #1097 is a reply to message #1096] Mon, 15 November 2004 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Great Meeting! [message #1098 is a reply to message #1093] Mon, 15 November 2004 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
    Grand Master
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to chime in here and second Bob's opinion that the November Great Plains meeting was great. I really enjoyed all the music, equipment, food and most of all, meeting some really nice people. I had hoped that more of the other members could have attended, but I will look forward to future meeting so I can eventually meet all of you. Until January's meeting, keep safe and enjoy the music.
    Norris Wilson

Re: How did the RM-9 compare? [message #1099 is a reply to message #1094] Tue, 16 November 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
    Illuminati (2nd Degree)
    Always wanted to hear one. Rodgers EL-84 RM-10 is so fine but I prefer the EL-34.
    MSN MAP says ONLY 884 miles to Tulsa.........when's the next meet?

Re: How did the RM-9 compare? [message #1100 is a reply to message #1099] Tue, 16 November 2004 20:29 Go to previous message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)
    Hi Bill,

I really like the RM-9. Mark tells me the reason the RM-9 isn't in production anymore was thatit was costly to manufacture. I don't think I've ever heard an RM-10 to compare it with, but Mark seems to think the RM-9 is the best. It sure sounds nice and looks good too. Not too expensive either; Street price is about $2500.00.

The next Great Plains Audio Club meeting will be in January at Bill Wassilak's house. He is building some line arrays and should have them done by then. I'll have some test results on the cooling vents for the push-pull basshorn, so I may do a little show and tell too. Both Norris Wilson and Mark Margiotta are building amplifiers, so they might be done and be able to bring them. There will be a lot of exciting projects coming together in the first part of next year.

I'd love to see you Bill. It's a long drive, but the flight might be just right. Alona and I would be happy to have you stay with us, so let me know.

Wayne

Previous Topic: C ES Vintage and Classic Audio Show
    Next Topic: A few words of endorsement for Headphone Systems
    Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 18:26:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
    DIY Audio Projects
    OddWatt Audio
    OddWatt Audio
    Pi Speakers
    Pi Speakers