Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Nowadays you listen to SET. What path lead you here?
Path of least resistance (or crossovers) [message #10486 is a reply to message #10468] Thu, 18 December 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gd is currently offline  gd
Esquire
Funny I remember stumbling onto an audio website looking for a new CD player. I was not listening to music much anymore and I thought that my interest had evaporated.

A real audio world re-opened. Soon I saw that I was right – others thought records did sound better. Unfortunately by that time my young daughter had destroyed my cartridge on my old Thorens 160. And a basement flood ruined my records.

The first thing that I did was get a Fisher 500C and get another Thorens 160 (MKII). And with the guidance of some net friends I began to ask all of the beginner questions hoping to capture the glories of S.E.T. amplification: “can use my old speakers (90bd), or if I get efficient speakers can I use my old amp….”

Any way, through the generosity of some of those friends I have Foreplay/Paraglows and a pair of Abbys. No DIY speaker friends yet.

I also have a Wright phono pre sitting at my Wife’s gallery – soon to be moved under the tree.

I am the first one to confess that I have an “as seen on a web site near you system” but I love it. To be really complete I have to get a Teres, no?

Gregg

Hey Scott, which issue? [message #10508 is a reply to message #10478] Tue, 13 January 2004 14:02 Go to previous message
artsybrute is currently offline  artsybrute
Baron
I'm still laying out my GM70's. I didn't realize yours was based on a valve article. I have the CD's; which issue is it?

Good to see you here.

Len

Previous Topic: fisher 400 mini review
Next Topic: OK lets try this one: any Schematic for an amp...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 10:20:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio