Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
393 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 November 2006 16:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 8 Pi Question ?
Standing waves are what give a pipe organ its sound. The length of each pipe tunes its frequency. This is also the principle at work in transmission lines.Reflex cabinets, transmission lines and basshorns
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 November 2006 16:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Reflex cabinets, transmission lines and basshorns
Transmission lines are similar to vented speakers in that they employ a resonator to load the woofer at a low frequency. They use 1/4λ standing wave pipe modes instead of Helmholtz resonators, but the end result is similar.In a transmission line, the sys...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 22 November 2006 15:10 «» By: j.luis cruz .
Re: 8 Pi Question ?
Hy What cause standing waves pipe behaivor Wayne ?
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 11 October 2006 11:14 «» By: Anonymous
Re: internal pressure
>>Once you get the cabinet dead sounding , there remains the>>standing waves ?Dead cabinet - to reduce wood vibrations that color the sound.Echo - Have you ever been in an empty room and talked? Echo.Make a small box and stick your head partway inside, ma...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 11 October 2006 09:32 «» By: JP Haggar
Re: internal pressure
ThanksOnce you get the cabinet dead sounding , there remains the standing waves ? I was thinking of using 2" standard 1lb ft3 and line the back and sides , then fill the rest with polyester fibers (the standard one used for upholstery ) like the picture o...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 02 October 2006 08:42 «» By: JP Haggar
Ported Enclosure for line array
How much stuffing and wich kind is better for absorbing standing waves in a ported line array ?I'm building the enclosures with double layer 1/2 " MDF with 1/2 " sand filling in between to avoid any enclosure resonance , with horizontal braces between the...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 18 September 2006 23:18 «» By: GM
Re: Really Front-Loaded
Greets!Right, the throat transition insert is to minimize reflections/standing waves at the throat that will make hash out of the driver's beaming BW, so is essential for wide BW apps.Hmm, 'baffle mounted' = throat mounted maybe? Dunno, 'baffle mounted' w...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 05 September 2006 15:16 «» By: Chris Leger
Re: Standing waves inside cabinets
Thanks for hanging in there with me on this, Wayne. Spent idle time time today going back-and-forth between tweeter upgrades for the L100s or else replacing with L112s, and figuring I need to build some horn-loaded speakers becasue I'm never going to be h...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 05 September 2006 14:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Standing waves inside cabinets
Using non-parallel walls is one way of reducing standing waves, but another is to use dimensions that break them up. Damping is yet another way of reducing standing waves.A long, thin cabinet will develop pipe resonance. That's the tuning method used in...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 05 September 2006 11:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Meant 2426, not 2126.
Yes, you can use programs that calculate T/S curves assuming the cabinet acts purely as a Helmholtz resonator. That's the way bass-reflex calculation programs work. But if the box is tall and thin, you'll want to look at the interaction of standing wave...
Pages (40): [ «    19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 01:58:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio