Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
392 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Tue, 12 May 2009 23:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer help
My advice would be to purchase more than one of whatever you choose. By placing a few bass sound sources around the room, you can make bass response smoother. The peaks and dips caused by standing waves in the room are averaged out - where a valley in r...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi tower port size???
If you measure it, you'll find it resonates around 40Hz to 42Hz, somewhere in there. I've seen some Helmholtz calculators that show values a little higher, some a little lower. Mostly I think it's the difference in the area offset, sometimes called "cor...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 April 2009 00:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Questions on the 12 and 3 pi subs
Yeah, in small bars, I'd rather use a multisub approach. It's also pretty easy to transport and carry a few three π subs.Now if outdoors, even if on a small stage like at a state fair or Octoberfest or something, that's when you want the 12π hornsubs. U...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 17 April 2009 15:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Electro-mechanical properties and diaphragm motion
Qms does not describe the damping of the cone. It describes damping of the suspension. This is a very important distinction. I'll try to explain, generally, some of the details and how it all works together.Motor strength and electro-mechanical paramet...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 01 February 2009 12:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three Pi Towers ?
You can certainly make the cabinets larger, but you'll need to modify the port to keep the same Helmholtz frequency. The Delta 12LFA works well in cainets fom 2.0ft3 to 6.0ft3 tuned to 30Hz. Larger cabinets develop deeper bass.One thing to watch out for...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 January 2009 11:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Floor Bounce ?
Floor bounce is a reflection from the floor that creates a self-interference notch. It usually occurs between 100Hz and 200Hz, but is totally dependent on the height of the speaker and the distance to the listener. What causes it is a path length diffe...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 23 December 2008 11:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Altering dimensions
In most cases, dimensions of a bass-reflex box can be changed slightly with no ill-effects. As long as you don't significantly alter the Helmholtz frequency or go too large or too small, you can usually make some changes. The things to be careful of whe...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 December 2008 21:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Beta 12LTA revisited
The Beta 12LT works pretty well in boxes from 2.0ft3 to 9.0ft3 tuned to 35Hz.Port placement isn't usually an issue, unless of course there are relatively low-frequency standing waves within the cabinet that cannot be attenuated with stuffing. In that ca...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 28 October 2008 12:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 40Hz
No, it's not that. The driver and port are placed where internal standing wave nodes don't affect response. The Helmholtz resonance would be about 45Hz even without insulation. After insulation is applied, it drops to 40Hz. The insulation is to damp s...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 05 October 2008 13:36 «» By: coctostan
Re: 4pi vs 7pi
I'm glad to hear that my placement is ideal.Once the room is complete, I will build absorption panels at first reflection points. My setup will allow me to tweak the treatments as necessary.I was more concerned with standing waves in the two front corner...
Pages (40): [ «    15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30    »]

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 07:44:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio