Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
393 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 06 November 2009 12:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi nearing completion.
And on that same line, did you happen to model this cabinet with Martin King's spreadsheet, Hornresp or something similar? Just wondering. I did that on the two π tower to find the best position for the woofer and port. Tall cabinets tend to have st...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 19 October 2009 09:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Horn loading and frequency
That's exactly right and is why basshorns have to be large. Just as you said, if the horn is too small, it's just a direct radiator in a fancy box. Sometimes its worse than that because the standing waves that line up inside can make response very peak...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 02 October 2009 13:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Dense Interference
Look at the concept of dense interference. When several acoustically distant sound sources (direct and/or reflected) combine, some constructively, some destructively and some in-between, what you have at any given listening position is neither a full ca...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 23 September 2009 19:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi tower bracing
It really doesn't matter what orientation you put the braces since they are in compression and not in shear. If in shear, you would want the widest dimension parallel to the sheer force. But that is not even close to an issue here. I like to make a ...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 19 September 2009 11:42 «» By: Marlboro
Consider Using Tube Enclosures for your Speakers......
This is an unusual design. The speaker community is not into unusual designs, as a rule. They like boxes, even unusual boxes. They don't like cylinders and they especially don't like PVC tubes, and they don't like to be told that tubes made out of thin...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 17 September 2009 20:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Just Loaded in 4 Pis
The reason we made the middle speaker sealed for the university studio was that, as a center channel, purely for aesthetics, it simply looked better to have the tweeter centered. I think sometimes psychoacoustics are as important to listening impression...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 September 2009 20:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4-pi box size !!!
Standing waves do have an influence, yes. They don't pass through the cone as much as they provide an acoustic loading for it, similar to the way Helmholtz resonance does. In fact, some speakers use this as a primary tuning mechanism. Small boxes ha...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 September 2009 11:28 «» By: Wayne-o
Does the standing waves in the box affect the tone of the speaker or the sensitivity ??? Does the standing waves come back through the cone ??? Ok I know, I ask a lot of questions. Thanks again and god bless.
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 25 August 2009 21:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
The JBL 2226 works pretty well in cabinets from 2.5ft3 to 5.0ft3 tuned to 38Hz. The thing is, when you change box volume, you'll naturally be forced into changing dimensions and port size and location. That will change the way standing waves line up in...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 25 June 2009 16:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Need suggestions for a lower range horn to mate with new Mid/High horns
Looks like you're having fun. Nice stuff! The midhorn I use in the six π and seven π cornerhorns will get you down below 200Hz if used in corners, but it won't go that low out in the open. It's designed for home hifi use, where it blends with a wo...
Pages (40): [ «    14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29    »]

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 05:29:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio