Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
392 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 12 April 2010 12:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi/ 4pi plans
There is probably no problem with those dimensions, but you could only really know for sure if you measured a speaker made that way. It's pretty close to a stock build though, so I'd be optimistic, kind of surprised to find any surprises. You know...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 12 April 2010 06:42 «» By: hot grits
Re: 3pi/ 4pi plans
Thank you Wayne. I think I am going to go with the 3pi with the upgraded drivers. The only problem is space constraints. The 4pi enclosure would be a better fit but my wife will think I am crazy at the sight of 15's in my mains. The 20" width is a ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 10 April 2010 09:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Port position
Port placement on my speakers is really just an aesthetics thing. I think they look better when made in mirror images. When someone orders a single speaker, I'll ask if they want one with the port on the left or the right. But this isn't all that impo...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 March 2010 18:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
If you have the right corners, then sure, seven π cornerhorns are better, definitely. They have two big advantages, first is the corner sets the pattern constant all the way down in frequency, clear down to the Schroeder frequency. This is where room...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 January 2010 21:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
Generally, ducts that are long and thin tend to develop internal standing waves and those can be a problem. Then again, you can get around them with the right placement and just being long and thin isn't always a problem. In the end, you'll have to mea...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 18 January 2010 08:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
Sure, you can make the cabinet larger, up to about 5.0ft3. In any loudspeakers with cabinets this large, you should always measure impedance and response to make sure you don't see any big blips from internal standing waves.
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 January 2010 22:09 «» By: Nichol1997
4 Pi Design Questions
Wayne, I have been modeling the bass response of your 4 Pi design using the JBL 2226H drivers in WinISD. I have calculated the net volume of the enclosure to be approximately 2.74 cubic feet. Given your port dimensions and the net volume of the enclosure,...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 1-Pi/2-Pi
I don't build transmission lines, as I've always used Helmholtz resonance to tune the box instead of pipe modes. I designed the box with standard Helmholtz resonance formulas and then used Martin King's spreadsheets to verify that port and driver plac...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 November 2009 15:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Studio Pi Speakers variations?
People have made various modifications over the years. Some I think are probably fairly "safe", others not so. The Studio Series are probably OK to modify to some extent, as long as the woofer and tweeter are kept fairly close together and yo...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 06 November 2009 12:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi nearing completion.
And on that same line, did you happen to model this cabinet with Martin King's spreadsheet, Hornresp or something similar? Just wondering. I did that on the two π tower to find the best position for the woofer and port. Tall cabinets tend to have st...
Pages (40): [ «    13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28    »]

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 07:58:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio