Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
393 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 05 August 2010 11:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three 4Pi's in Basic Black for Home Theater Build Thread
Yes, that's good. That's exactly how I do the braces. That's perfect. You could, and that's actually how I modeled the cabinet when I first started assessing the impact of internal standing waves. But I didn't like the looks of the cabinet wi...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 04 August 2010 16:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three 4Pi's in Basic Black for Home Theater Build Thread
Looking good. Don't forget to put insulation on the top brace, spanning the cross-section of the cabinet. It kind of forms a pseudo-transparent separator between woofer and port. I say pseudo-transparent because it is completely transparent at low fre...
3 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Mon, 02 August 2010 08:17 «» By: Adveser
Re: Room acoustics newbie
Where to begin? *Is the coffee table in front of the sofa? If so, higher frequency sound is bouncing off of it, so get a nice thick cloth to go on top of it. *Are the speakers toed into the viewer? If not, toe them in where the speakers intersect any...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 June 2010 18:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi benefits
Actually, as much as I like the Altec 811 horn, there's no way to get the polar response right, or even close. You can make the on-axis response right, but not off-axis. So you have to sit with the speakers directly facing you for them to sound good. ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 June 2010 16:12 «» By: geezer
Re: 4pi with altec 807?
Yes, I think I´m heading for a stock build to but at the moment I don´t have all parts nessasary. The box will have the same dimensions so it be easy to convert. I´m really tempted on trying to fit the 811 horn in box. This would radicaly change the org...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 10 June 2010 09:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Box for 3Pi
Well, yes, the response doesn't peak too badly in the smaller box so I suppose you could put the TD12S in a box that size, tuned to ~35Hz. The three π cabinet is quite a bit larger, as you have now seen. So it's definitely going to act differently, mos...
7 Forum: General «» Posted on: Wed, 02 June 2010 01:30 «» By: Thermionic
Re: HAARP
Finally, HAARP's potential as a mass mind control weapon is staggering, using its ELF resonances to affect alpha brain waves in humans on an unprecedented scale. As mentioned earlier, the fundamental Schumann waves are identical in frequency to our own alp...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 pi tower variants
I'll send you the plans for the towers, some additional thoughts below. First, the two π tower isn't a transmission line or horn, so folding it is sort of non sequitur. Its tuning mechanism is Helmholtz, so the shape doesn't matter... with the follow...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 27 May 2010 23:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: weight of speaker (2pi Towers)
A standard build with 5/8" MDF and two cross-braces is 75 pounds. Weight doesn't matter, but panel stiffness and damping does. The material and bracing are more important than the weight. You'll hear of people doing things like putting sand...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 24 April 2010 09:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Port position
Yes, that's fine. On some of the larger speakers, I would be a little hesitant to make changes without measurements. Larger cabinets tend to have internal standing waves at lower frequencies where they can cause problems. Port and woofer location with...
Pages (40): [ «    12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27    »]

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 06:35:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio