Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
393 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 February 2011 13:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request plans and Klipschorn question
Well, that's true. You can delay the midhorn and tweeter to match the path length of the Klipschorn to get summing right, making a clean forward lobe that's where it's supposed to be. The midbass directivity would then be set by the walls, just the way...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 February 2011 09:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Eight Pi
It's hard to say what the mods you've proposed will do. Baffle mounting of the tweeter is not a problem, but resizing and shaping the box is not so easy to judge. You'll need measurement equipment to know for sure. The thing to watch out for is inte...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 February 2011 21:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Plans Request
I've sent the plans so check your mail. Answers to your questions: There's no problem with this modification provided the woofer, tweeter and port stay in the same positions on the front and rear baffles. This is a safe mod too. Subs are pr...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 February 2011 09:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Jumping the gun, but a few questions
I don't suggest deviating from the plans unless you are prepared to do a lot of measurements and go through a full design/test cycle. Some modifications can be done with little impact but most can't. Making the cabinet significantly larger changes the ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 31 January 2011 21:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 pi speaker
The Econowave is a good basic design, fundamentally the same thing as the three π and four π loudspeakers it was based on. That said, I'd stick with one of the stock π model loudspeakers. They are designed and optimized for the drivers and horns chosen...
6 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 30 January 2011 15:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Where To Learn More?
I suggest CARA. There are online room calculators, but they only show the frequencies where standing waves are produced, not the positions of the nulls and peaks. At low frequencies, i.e. first axial mode, they line up pretty evenly. But above that, s...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 November 2010 15:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: One more time
I'm sure you can make it work, it's just not a slam dunk like it is with smaller boxes. Of course, smaller boxes trade-off extension or efficiency or both. So I'd rather deal with the added complexity of making sure the standing waves don't lump up aro...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 November 2010 03:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: One more time
I've sent plans for the three three π loudspeaker. If you deviate from the dimensions shown, do check internal standing wave modes. One of the most common problems I see with tower configurations is internal standing waves lining up in an unfavorable w...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 18 October 2010 16:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Internal standing waves and port position
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but ultimately you're still dealing with the same issue. The thing you're concerned about is internal standing waves. You can't prevent them from lining up inside the box, but you can prevent them from adversely aff...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 October 2010 13:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Dealing with internal standing waves
It's hard to say, really. The port is 10" long, so you'll have to bend it if you make the box any shallower than it already is. But that's OK, just make the port like the seven π cabinet. Beyond that, built it, test it and see. My suggestion i...
Pages (40): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:38:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio