Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
393 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 June 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi, smaller cab possible?
I think models like that don't include the effects of internal standing waves. They cause ripple in response at higher frequencies; Where I'm mostly concerned in a loudspeaker like this is the lower midrange. On the other hand, a 2 cubic foot box is...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 22 June 2011 07:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: SB34NRX75-6 for Three Pi?
Here's the crossover design process: Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakersFor box tuning, use any of the box modeling programs to select a box size and Helmholtz frequency appropriate for the midwoofer you'll be using. You'll also need...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 21 June 2011 15:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Plans Request
You can't really know what modifications will do without measurements. Sometimes, they're non-issues, other times they really make a difference. In general, the smaller cabinets can be tweaked a little bit in the dimensions because internal standing wa...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 14 June 2011 09:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Electro Voice TL-606 enclosure with 3 PI components?
The (Helmholtz) box tuning is relatively easy. The Delta 12LF works well in boxes from 3.0ft3 to 6.0ft3 tuned to 30Hz, and can be used in boxes a little larger, up to about 8.0ft3, albeit with slightly lower tuning, from 25Hz to 28Hz. Just about any lo...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi's and JBL 3678 looking for plans
Well, of course, you can do a lot of things, but the real problem is that once you change dimensions of the box by any significant amount, you'll change where the standing waves line up in the box. You'll have to verify your changes with measurements. ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 10 May 2011 00:32 «» By: grindstone
Re: 2 pi tower folding?
I've burned this whole night messing with stuffing and lining and my head hurts. There's basic voicing stuff either in addition to or resultant from all that internal reflection beeswax, too. The closest I can get these 2pi tower-ish jobs to sound li...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 April 2011 09:26 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi plans
As long as you keep the tweeter/woofer spacing the same and the cabinet tuning is the same, it will probably work pretty well. The thing is - and I get asked this a lot, about "minor mods" of one form or another - when you change the speaker t...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2011 23:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Options in a nutshell
It's all about the midrange, when you're talking differences between the JBL 2226 and the Eminence Omega 15 in the four Pi loudspeaker. The Omega 15 sounds very good, powerful yet still natural sounding. But it isn't as good as the JBL woofer. The 222...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 13 March 2011 20:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi Modification
Can't do it. The port would be too close to the rear panel. Beyond that, I don't suggest deviating from the plans unless you are prepared to do a lot of measurements and go through a full design/test cycle. Some modifications can be done with little ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 06 March 2011 22:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2226j (16 ohm) usable?
A person could do a 2.5-way to good effect. Just low-pass the lower woofer at 200Hz or so. That wouldn't take much redesign because the top (mid)woofer and tweeter crossover and physical relationship can (and should) remain the same. But a person woul...
Pages (40): [ «    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    »]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:52:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio