Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
392 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 28 August 2011 10:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Room Layout Any Suggestions?
Actually, the entrances breakup standing waves, potentially reducing your room modes. It may be a very good room for a sound system.
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 07 August 2011 15:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi dimensions and QSC 152 waveguide
I wouldn't modify the plans unless you have good measurement equipment and time to setup the crossover. You have to take on-axis and polar measurements, to get good response and place the nulls outside the horn pattern. It is not a trivial matter. I...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 07 August 2011 15:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 12pi bass horn plans
No, it does not. Not a true horn, anyway. Truncated horns, tapered pipes and transmission lines pipes will benefit from stuffing material because it damps the standing waves. But full-size horns do not have sharp standing wave peaks that need damping....
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 24 July 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi Commercial Dinner Theater Build
I would suggest building the four π speaker as designed. It is a tested and mature loudspeaker system. The four π speaker is the result of hundreds of hours of R&D time, and to modify it basically throws all that design and testing out the window...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 July 2011 07:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 Pi tower Question
The insulation is there solely to damp standing waves nodes. It is there to attenuate midrange frequency upwards. All we want in the cabinet interior is the bass range near the Helmholtz frequency.
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 July 2011 20:09 «» By: Dave_S
Re: Modifed 4 Pi Build Report
Your design is probably where I started. Thanks. I didn't realize that the final speakers were so similar since my design went through so many iterations. I took your window design for the internal brace. Your post also directed me to WinISD. Wit...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 July 2011 15:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Look for response blips in the midbass to midrange, from about 60Hz to 300Hz or so. Above that the insulation will work. You will want to use something that can measure amplitude response, although you can see evidence of the standing waves in an imped...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 July 2011 12:12 «» By: Dave_S
Thanks. I am not sure. What software feature should I look for? This is all a completely new to me. Also, is there a frequency range that the standing waves occur in? The testing will likely be for my own learning, but it would not be beyond me ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 July 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Lookin' good? Do you have any measurement software to check for response blips from standing waves?
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 June 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi, smaller cab possible?
I think models like that don't include the effects of internal standing waves. They cause ripple in response at higher frequencies; Where I'm mostly concerned in a loudspeaker like this is the lower midrange. On the other hand, a 2 cubic foot box is...
Pages (40): [ «    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    »]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 00:56:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio