Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
393 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 11 April 2012 13:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi Woofer / Horn Vertical Spacing
Look at the response charts: three π loudspeaker performance dataYou'll notice the vertical nulls are centered at approximately 35° above and 25° below the centerline. That's a 60° spread. Even the spacing between the inside edges of the nulls is furt...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 30 March 2012 19:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Use the woofers, but scrap the box
Honestly, I wouldn't go the fudge/fit route. I have spent a lot of time dialing in these designs and to modify them throws all that out the window. Box dimensions might seem trivial, but in a box this size, standing waves form in the lower midrange so ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 February 2012 10:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 Pi studio in 3 Pi enclosure
My standard reply is "I wouldn't do it." The reason is I have spent so much time optimizing and testing the designs. When you modify them, you are throwing away all that R&D time. That is by far the most expensive and important factor, a...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 26 February 2012 19:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
If you change dimensions of the three π loudspeaker - especially to form a tower - you really need to test the configuration for internal standing waves. Maybe just go with Prisma's as they are already designed and optimized for that size and shape? ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 25 February 2012 09:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Modified 4pi Idea (Here we go again)
I'd say measure it to be sure. You could also model it to see the influence of the internal standing waves on that layout, but I'd still prefer measurements, in the end. Personally, I like the looks of the offset port. Just make your speakers in ste...
6 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Mon, 20 February 2012 19:42 «» By: FloydV
Re: Ceiling?
Wow, that seems like a lot of work! I see who rules the house--same as mine!
7 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Mon, 20 February 2012 19:33 «» By: gofar99
Re: Ceiling?
Hi, Yes, also the space above the tiles had 2X8 rafters that were used to hold 8 inch bats of insulation. A double layer roof covered with heavy roll roofing. All the walls were double wall on the outside, stuffed with insulation and paneled on the insid...
8 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Thu, 09 February 2012 19:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How do I keep deep bass from the neighbors?
The way to do it is to use panel absorbers surrounded by a thick, solid set of walls. The panel absorbers form inner walls which absorb energy. This both attenuates sound going out and damps standing waves, smoothing room modes. The outer walls block ...
9 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 07 February 2012 00:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The importance of the size of the room
Study the topics of the reverberant field, late verses early reflections and room modes. Room modes come into play at low frequencies, and the reverberant field describes sound behaviour at higher frequencies. Both sound ranges are improved in larger r...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 02 February 2012 14:30 «» By: chakija
Re: 3pi with Sonido SCW-300
I finally managed to "complete" boxes for my 3pi clone. I must say that results are very very satisfying For now I feel like I don`t need to adjust anything in crossover. Sonido woofers are really superb performers. Bass is very well define...
Pages (40): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:44:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio