Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 13 July 2001 13:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Solution for raised wood floors and crawlspaces
We've discussed room modes and the ways to smooth response in the modal region. It's pretty simple, really, you can damp the room modes or you can use dense interference to fill them in. Fortunately for most of us in North America, framed drywall constru...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 13 July 2001 02:08 «» By: Paul C.
Re: Extended bass response from small cabinets
Wayne: I thank you for the compliment. When my oldest son was in high school, he played drums in the high school band. I drove into the driveway, and I could hear the drum line practicing. I was wondering why they were in MY backyard, why couldn't they...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 10 July 2001 16:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Best Horn Speakers for A Small Room?
Normally, horns and small rooms don't go together because horns are large. However, the seven Pi cornerhorn will work in a room that size because it tucks nicely away in a corner and doesn't require a lot of distance to integrate.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 June 2001 15:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Pro Series 4 Pi answers.
Lots of questions, here are some answers.The port is 3.5" x 6" x 10" long, and it really has to be that for everything to fit. You can see in the photo below that there isn't a lot of room on the baffle. The port just fits, and it looks pretty good like ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 May 2001 00:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cornerhorn approaches
The Klipschorn is a truncated folded basshorn that makes use of the room corner to reduce response ripple. It also runs midrange frequencies well above middle C through the labyrinthene passages of the horn folds. Its strength is its horn loading which r...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 May 2001 18:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Ok...what would you drive them with?
That'll be enough for a small room, under about 500 square feet. At maximum output, it's about 107dB at 39" (1 meter) distance. Double the distance, subtract 6dB, i.e. 101dB @ 6.5 feet, 95dB @ 13 feet. You might want to use more power in larger rooms, m...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 March 2001 01:58 «» By: RBP
Some advice (involved)
Hi J!" You could send me your Heresys' to play with for about a month"....That would not be your best choice...Let's get down to the so called Nitty gritty.The type midrange you want is the mellow, warm, smooth, clean, clear, transparent type that does not...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:36:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio