Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
You've got mail!
The little one π's don't have the deepest bass extension, that's true. After all, they're a very small speaker. They're really intended to be used with subs. They sound good alone in very small rooms, but in most cases, subs are required.The π cor...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 14 May 2003 03:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Cornerhorns, revisited
Certainly the configuration of the home and its type and quality of construction are important factors. But no matter what kind of speakers you have, if the acoustics are bad, then you have a problem. I suppose some argument can be made that a highly dir...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 April 2003 05:17 «» By: spkrman57
Pi design and wooden horns(Edgar & Martinelli)
Hey all! I am finally regaining my normal schedule after that wonderful weekend in Lima at the MAF. It's really nice to come home with new toys, I have hooked up my Altec 806 drivers to the new horns I have now. Here is my initial listening observations ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 08 February 2003 18:16 «» By: mikebake
What is your tolerance for background noise
when listening to your system? Seems like as time goes on, even though my hearing has deteriorated* (or maybe BECAUSE it has), I seem to be increasingly intolerant of hearing ANYTHING besides what's coming from the speakers. In my present environment, it's...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 19 January 2003 05:33 «» By: steve f
Re: Help picking right speaker
Hi "CT",You have a nice large room; I'm a bit jealous. (grin) You are correct that K-horns won't work well in a room that large. Cornerhorns load small to mid sized rooms best. But you do have room for 10 Pi folded horns which will sound great just abou...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 November 2002 15:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pi 7 and suitable driver
Well, any corner horn implementation is a generalization. The very nature of the design is one that takes advantage of a feature almost all rooms have - their corners. This provides an eighth space orientation, and it also forms a conical horn. But the ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 19 October 2002 04:01 «» By: mollecon
Re: questions..........................
Wayne is right - at frequencies that have long wavelength compared to the room dimensions the whole room is pressurised instead of the waves spreading in a normal fashion. But the idea of low frequencies not being audible in small rooms is quite a persista...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 18 October 2002 13:00 «» By: Bob
Wayne: 2 Pi or 2 Pi Tower...Which is better??
Wayne,OK I am sold! I will be ordering a 2 Pi kit next week. But...which one is best for me? I'm just trying to make up my mind which is superior...the standard 2 Pi or the Tower 2 Pi. I will initially be using my Zen tube amp in relatively small rooms ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 31 July 2002 23:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
2235 subs
I usually like to position the subs physically close to the mains, so they sum as a single acoustic source. But in your case, it is important to spread them out.Your rigid walls make room modes well defined since there is little damping. Each woofer in t...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 09 April 2002 11:16 «» By: BobCat
Best Pi for my ASL WAVE AV-8
Hi Gang!I just switched my amp from a Van Alstine MosFet Integrated to the little ASL WAVE AV-8's. With only 8 tube watts per channel, which Pi speakers should I get? My setup will be used in SMALL rooms only. I am looking for the best sound for the leas...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 00:16:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio