Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 03 February 2004 15:05 «» By: GrantMarshall
Re: Seven pi questions
I made the mistake (or maybe not) of going to the Lima Ohio high efficiency show and rotating through about 40 rooms of just great systems. They included Bruce Edgars Titans and all kinds of other BEAUTIFUL set ups. As you went from room to room the tub...
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 20 January 2004 08:36 «» By: DRCope
Re: CES, whats new and exciting this year?
Actually, all the "real" exhibitors hire official exhibiting rooms. Some very small fry rent a "sleeping" room and then quietly exhibit while making an end run around the CES exhibitor fees.Marchand was a real, live official exhibitor at Alexis Park. Stup...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 January 2004 08:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: In the Corner Horns?
You're right about the ceiling. I always found the lack of furniture to be a distinct advantage too, and it is an interesting mounting position. There are a couple of disadvantages in that the speakers are usually further from ear level and the ceiling ...
4 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 26 December 2003 01:33 «» By: moparchris
Creative VS Shock 5.1 computer speaker setup
hi, i dont know ytoo much about speakers or anything but anyway here we go.. im thinking of buying some 5.1 setup for my computer, i dont have too much money, just a cheap one.. ya know but.. its either some Creative Inspire 5200's ( ahh i think 3" sattel...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 12 October 2003 08:35 «» By: spkrman57
Re: Altec 416C vs JBL 2226 in a 2-way system
Jerrod, The 416's are much better in a LARGE room. I have much better luck with the 2226's in my 12' X 16' living room. Not to mention for best results, the 416's like a 8 cu' cabinet to be at their best. I also like the 2226 for least amount of crossove...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 12 September 2003 23:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Choices and optimizations
Remember that group delay is a function of rolloff slope. If you have a steep rolloff slope, then group delay is high. If the rolloff is gradual and slow, then group delay is small. Also unerstand that group delay goes up as cutoff frequency goes down. ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 11 September 2003 06:00 «» By: BrianG
tiniest Pi speaker
Wayne,I would like to build some Pi speakers for my children's rooms. Is there a Pi design that is really small - say a six inch woofer version of the one Pi?thanks,Brian
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 June 2003 04:17 «» By: Erik Johansson
Five Pi cornerhorns
I know this subject has been discussed before (I've spent a LOT of hours searching the forum) but still, I think it would be interesting for those of us with pretty small rooms, to bring it up for a more detailed discussion.I've looked at the pictures at t...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 14 June 2003 12:43 «» By: ToFo
Stage 4 question and request
Ok, I give in. The Stage series 4's have been in the back of my mind from the first time I looked into them. I have a funny feeling this is the sleeping giant of sound quality in the Eminence wing of the Pi Catalog. I overlooked it back when I did my first...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 June 2003 12:18 «» By: ToFo
Re: Question for those who know!
Garland,I have thought about this also. In big rooms where you are 12 or more feet away, it is hard to get out of the coverage area, but in a small room it is hard not to. Do you want the coverage so you can have a wider listening area, or do you want to p...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:06:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio