Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 November 2004 22:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: new subwoofer
The 12π basshorn subwoofer is designed to work properly out in the open, without needing boundary loading. Of course, boundary loading will have an influence but the horn was designed to not need constrained space to work properly. It's not really inten...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 22 October 2004 11:05 «» By: pgolde
Re: I don't use M values in my sub horns,
Both outdoors (small parties, not festivals) and indoors in rooms for for 100 or so people. The horns are replacing dual 18's. I also listen to them at home (background music for building new speakers)
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 21 October 2004 08:20 «» By: tuber
Re: Horns and Room Size - m value, mouth size & length
some say m values of .5 to .6 are best for bass horns. does this apply to all bass horns, indoors and outdoors alike? if not, what m value is best for small rooms? do you use the same flare coefficient in a small room as big? what size mouth do you use in...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 21 October 2004 06:32 «» By: Bill Fitzmaurice
Re: Horns and Room Size
'A basshorn can be made considerably smaller if used in a constrained environment than it would be if used in freespace'.To expand on Wayne's statement any room will get both boundary loading (if the speaker is placed close to a wall or corner) and cabin ...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 14 September 2004 07:46 «» By: NUMA
Re: A small corner horn
Yeah, I think they sound great. I use mine as my primary speakers. I really haven't been interested in chaning anything for a long time as far as speakers. I am continually fiddling with amps/preamps/whatever. I have heard Cains at audio shows so they ...
6 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sat, 04 September 2004 16:30 «» By: Bill Fitzmaurice
Re: influence of interior
Model a closed box speaker, then model it again as a 4th order bandpass, keeping the rear chamber volume constant. The Fb will drop. When you put a sealed box speaker into a car the car's interior serves as the front chamber, which you are sitting inside ...
7 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Thu, 19 August 2004 07:11 «» By: Bill Fitzmaurice
Re: Ping Bill Fitzmaurice
For venues up to 200 Hz for vocal and non-bass instrument the DR200s are fine; they're what I use with my 4 piece R&B band. They're useable to 80 Hz, which is adequate again for vocals and instruments but not electric bass or kick-drums; in small rooms I ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 19 April 2004 15:00 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Which Pi model is most like the Altec A7?
Hi EDTA, Allow me to chime in as I have fair amount of experience with A7's and I also have owned Pi Theater 4's now for a year. I also listen to Valencias which I have had for 15 years. In your post you ask specifically about the sound and you don't ment...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 05 April 2004 14:43 «» By: GarMan
Report from Son&Image
Spent the weekend in Montreal at the Son&Image Festival. My first audio show and had a great time. Ate my share of Smoked Meat for the rest of the year. However, I was a little disappointed as I was expecting to hear "magic". Magic as in substantiall...
10 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Tue, 16 March 2004 16:19 «» By: Audio Jones
Re: please help me
The 805 is fine in a small room but you'll want different speaks if your room is large. It images well but gets washed out in big rooms.
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 23:52:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio