Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sat, 26 February 2005 11:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Yes, I think it is!
Sounds good. I'll tell you what. This week, I'll call or go by a handful of hotels in Tulsa and find one that has the best combination of rates and availability in April or May. I'll make sure they know we intend to play music during the day and find o...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 24 February 2005 15:07 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Clarification
I should also add the subjective nature that makes this delay necesary.The ear integrates over a period of time. The time is variable with frequency but it has a typical value of 10 - 20 ms. The more reflections that arrive in this time period the more ...
3 Forum: Dungeon «» Posted on: Wed, 23 February 2005 19:38 «» By: Martin
Re: Single driver
"The main thing is you have a carefully thought out approach that makes sense. Correct; the systems I heard were exactly as you describe; low power tube and uncompensated driver in a trans line box. That explains my complete bafflement at the attraction."...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 23 February 2005 14:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Favorite flavors
Very good points. Good points indeed.But I will be very honest. I think the attraction of some of the round horn designs of the last ten years or so is mainly hype. I think some of them are attractive in an eclectic way, sort of retro looking and cool....
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 21 February 2005 18:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Corner Horn Recommendations
I think maybe I should point out that it isn't the corner or even the room that we've focused on mostly in this discussion, it's the distance between speakers. The room will play a roll because of its dimensions too, but the thing we've focused on mostly...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 21 February 2005 07:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
I think the mention of 57Hz you are referring to was from my earlier reply to you. I mentioned 1/2 wave cancellation from two speakers, and that it would occur at 50Hz if the speakers were placed 12 feet apart and at 56Hz if placed 10 feet apart. This i...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 February 2005 03:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
There is a big difference between seven π cornerhorn speakers and Adire 10.1 speakers. The two π and two π towers are more comparible, since each is a two-way loudspeaker with a 10" midwoofer and a soft-dome tweeter. The eight π loudspeaker is also a ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 18 February 2005 17:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
That's a pretty typical bedroom size, and I know what you mean about needing the space. As far as acoustics are concerned, what you have is small enough there is pretty good room gain, like what you get in a car. On the down side, the furthest you can p...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 26 January 2005 10:08 «» By: Earl Geddes
I am not speculating.Directionality, to me, implies that sound waves are free to propagate in any direction and a sources directionality defines the level of sound waves that propagate in an arbitrary but particular direction.Room modes are quite differen...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 24 January 2005 09:34 «» By: Earl Geddes
The issue is not scared away. The issue is that one must accept the work of the other as valid or there can not be a level discussion. My only complaint is Wayne's cursory ellimination of my experimental evidence as invalid. The implication here is that...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 05:12:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio