Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:01 «» By: Barry Solof
Re: An observation from GPAF
You have brought up a good point.The different preferences might have been conscious bias (or an agenda). I don't know. Bias (and its evil twin politics) wasn't something I had considered from the people who where not exhibiting.It makes sense that a spea...
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 06 May 2005 11:49 «» By: Barry Solof
Re: An observation from GPAF
OK, I've re-read my post and it is a bit confusing. Let me try to clear it up a bit.>Who was it that you consulted that offered these contradictory observations? What did you find to be the most glaring or obvious difference of opinion? Just asked folks ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Alpha 15 in 8 cubic foot box
That Alpha 15 needs a really large box. You could go with 8.0ft3, but tune it very low, like 10Hz - 15Hz, no kidding. I used to make a 12 cubic foot cabinet for them tuned low like that and it sounded pretty good. There's a swell in bass between 50 and...
4 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:19 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Acoustic Lever
WayneMaybe you missed my comment in an earlier post, but I don't think the lever fits in with Summa's focus on small rooms (see earlier comment).Duke and I have talked about this at some length because we know that we need a subwoofer in the line. But I ...
5 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Tue, 03 May 2005 11:37 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Acoustic Lever
Thanks WayneThe Acoustic Lever has been seen before as what was called an "augmented Passive Radiator". It basically has two cones, one larger than the other. As an electrical circuit element it is a transformer and as a mechanical device it would be a ...
6 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 02 May 2005 13:41 «» By: Barry Solof
Re: Great Plains Audiofest - Photos
Hello to all!First, thanks to all for such a great time. Everyone was nice, friendly and unbelievably helpful. You (all) made this Jersey boy feel mighty welcome. Ok, here is some of what I picked up while wandering from room to room. Some of this is o...
7 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 19 April 2005 08:40 «» By: guitarplayer
GPAF
I was up in Tulsa on some business yesterday and stopped by the Embassy to take a look at the rooms--very nice!We will probably want to have the dining room table and the TV's removed from the front room as the rooms are fairly small and these things will...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 29 March 2005 21:21 «» By: Henry Eng
Re: large woofers, small room, sound quality?
I never brought the DJ gear into the home. I always thought pro stuff should be used in the club or hall, and at home use the smaller consumer grade stuff.After going to several business parties recently and a recent black-tie affair in a big hall, I have...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 29 March 2005 09:13 «» By: Henry Eng
Re: which model of fostex's are you running??
I have the older 208 sigma. Tried it in a back-loaded horn. Construction was too much for me, so I decided not to try a second BLH cab. Also put it into Martin King's MLTL but the baffle step circuit sucked the life out of the driver. I also put it on an ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 27 February 2005 11:00 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Clarification
Its hard to understand why people hold on to obsolete views for so long. Things like "sweet spot" and omni directional patterns are dead and gone.When rooms are very dead then omni works as well as anything else and most acousticians make small rooms ver...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 05:24:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio