Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Sun, 16 October 2005 13:14 «» By: akhilesh
My impressions
I attended for about 2 hours. I got a chance to hear the 12 Pi and Leland Crooks' tuba. I was very impressed! The main benefits of the 12 Pi are awesome SPL, and very low distortion. Wayne & Bill Wassilak pushed it to 2400 Watts!The combination of pushpul...
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 07 October 2005 23:19 «» By: Charlie Kittleson
VTV Expo in November
They get to come to a show, expo and conference for FREE. I am not planning on making much of anything on this expo. The costs and time involved are huge. Advertising, printing, travel, overhead, mailing, hundreds of hours of phone calls, sending out mail...
3 Forum: Craftsmen «» Posted on: Tue, 13 September 2005 08:14 «» By: GarMan
How does it sound?
Hi Lon,I work outdoors and even then, MDF dust is a problem. Last I heard, you'll working with a rotary-tool instead of a real router, which can't be easy. Honestly, I don't recommend this T18 as a first project unless you have a lot of patience, willin...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 20 August 2005 21:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: HT questions and 7pi.
I would setup along the short wall. I don't think seven π's all the way around would overpower the room, but it may be worthwhile to analyze the room modes. You'll have enough speakers that you can setup for best sound averaging.The good thing about hav...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 08 August 2005 09:15 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: directivity
Thanks for the post - better late than never.First, CD from 350 Hz up at any reasonably narrow coverage is pretty much impossible. If you are talking about say 180 degree coverage, then I could believe it, as its pretty easy to get very wide CD coverage....
6 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Sun, 07 August 2005 13:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 'way down deep' Article
Listen, everything you've done has been interesting to me, and I think all your designs have been pretty clever. You've done some cool stuff, and I've always been impressed. Not that you need to hear that from me, but I wanted to say it anyway.The areas...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 08 July 2005 14:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 12 π basshorn - just about ready for prime time
It will just fit through 30" doors, but I don't think this horn is required for many rooms small enough to have those as their only entrance.
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 28 June 2005 09:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Troll?
I don't think that's fair. I respect Jim Griffin a great deal and I also respect Earl Geddes a great deal. You may not agree with Geddes comments, but it isn't like he said "arrays suck." Dr. Geddes simply made the statement that he doesn't see an adva...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 07 June 2005 07:41 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: directivity
Could you give the reference to this papar. I recall the conclusion being different.At any rate, Floyd and JBL are moving towards a narrower directivity, which seems to contradict the conclusions that you state.And, the situation is more complex. The re...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 06 June 2005 12:22 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Image perception
WayneMissed this post until now.I have been doing a lot of measuring and investigation as of late and now I think that I have a pretty good understanding of what is required for good imaging and sound quality. Mind you none of this is actually new, it is ...
Pages (22): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 15:27:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio