Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 04 November 2006 12:42 «» By: Marlboro
2nd part
The issue is one where there is a drop in the frequency of a max of ABOUT 6db in an anechoic chamber or in a wide open placement of the speakers, according to a formula that includes the speed of sound in inches and the size of the baffle in inches and a ...
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Thu, 26 October 2006 11:16 «» By: 3moons
Rocky Mountain Audiofest: This visitor's thoughts
First, I want to thank the Colorado Audio Society for their help with the show. http://www.coloaudio.com/CAS/ These shows are always exciting, especially for audio nuts like me. Talk about audio as fine art, as audio jewelry. It was there. If the ...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 13 September 2006 15:14 «» By: Manualblock
Re: part out Valencias & build NorthCreek or Pi? or keep Valencias?
Good description of the Valencias. To answer your question the Pi 4's and the Altecs do sound quite a bit different. The Pi's go a little deeper and have more detail and punch; they very much like SS amps. If I had to call it I would say they; at least to...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 August 2006 16:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Image Dynamics IDQ10
The Image Dynamics IDQ10 woofer looks good in cabinets from 0.5ft3 to 1.5ft3 tuned to 26Hz. PiAlign suggests 0.75ft3 which provides a nice flat response curve that is slightly overdamped. It has f3 of 40Hz and f10 of 25Hz, so it will sound very nice in ...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 29 July 2006 19:44 «» By: Shane
Re: Akhilesh - 12B4 question.
Yep. That answers my question. I'm running the 12B4 through my Pi Two Towers as they are probably the most eff speakers I have, besides the old Heresy's which are about the same as the Pi's. My old Polk Monitors don't stand a chance. I don't tend to l...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 06 July 2006 20:32 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: And now for something a bit more realistic
Greg,I'll try to answer below.1) I will listen with these speakers roughly 9-10 feet apart and 9-12 feet from the listening chair, and I am only concerned with the sound while seated, not caring about standing listeners... Eventhough you are sitting whil...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 06 July 2006 20:32 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: And now for something a bit more realistic
Greg,I'll try to answer below.1) I will listen with these speakers roughly 9-10 feet apart and 9-12 feet from the listening chair, and I am only concerned with the sound while seated, not caring about standing listeners... Eventhough you are sitting whil...
8 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 09 May 2006 20:48 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: GPAF 2006
Bill, I'm glad that you enjoyed the line arrays. Regarding their output levels and such: I think that a lot of your comments likely was due to program material. I don't recall that we played much material all weekend that was heavy into the bass area. ...
9 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sat, 06 May 2006 21:36 «» By: Duke
Oh grandma, what big horns you have...
I heard these speakers at CES, and they impressed me hugely. Definitely one of the best rooms I heard, though admittedly I didn't get around a whole lot since I had to man a room of my own over at T.H.E. show. But I sent out my scouts to let me know whi...
10 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sun, 30 April 2006 05:15 «» By: FredT
Re: Great Plains Audio Festival in a week?
I plan to arrive Friday morning and will be available to help Jim and others set up their rooms. Wayne, last year the service crew had to look for the hand dolly, so it would be helpful If you could have one available to move exhibitors' speakers and othe...
Pages (22): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:09:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio