Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 August 2002 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Response of various four π speakers
I tend to agree with you, that the more powerful woofers sound, well, more powerful. The Deltas have rising response into the midrange, like most other high efficiency wide range speakers. The Professional and Stage Series speakers don't have nearly this...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 11 August 2002 16:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Resistor attenuation
Generally, speakers like this sound a little bass-shy in large rooms or outdoors. That's why subwoofers are often used. Indoors, they usually sound pretty balanced, although subwoofers are sometimes still employed to smooth room modes.My guess is that yo...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 31 July 2002 23:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
2235 subs
I usually like to position the subs physically close to the mains, so they sum as a single acoustic source. But in your case, it is important to spread them out.Your rigid walls make room modes well defined since there is little damping. Each woofer in t...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 July 2002 23:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Interesting specs...
All of my speakers are high efficiency designs. For any given size, you can optimize for bass extension or efficiency. I think my speakers are a good balance between efficiency and extension - They all sound good without subs, but all could benefit from ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 12 June 2002 15:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Hi Edwin. Few more answers.
The damping material I suggest is R11 or R13 fiberglass insulation. It must be supplied separately but is easy to find in any hardware store.The two π speaker is designed to handle 100 watts RMS continuous power, and it does not sound strained at all e...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 09 February 2002 13:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Seven Pi-18 or Ten Pi-18
When a room is very small, bass frequencies tend to pressurize the sound chamber. The woofer has more influence proportional to displacement on chamber pressure in a small room, which tends to emphasize lower bass sound pressure levels. This is what caus...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 December 2001 17:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Eminence measurements below 100Hz
Eminence measures their speakers indoors on a 4' x 4' baffle mounted to a wall. This works fine at midrange frequencies up, but does not work at bass frequencies. Their measurement chamber has absorbent materials on the walls, making it anechoic from mid...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 06 November 2001 21:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Cornerhorns
The lower you crossover a subwoofer, the harder it is to localize. You still have distance as a audio clue, but you don't really have ear filtering clues because they require high frequency information. At midrange frequencies and higher, your outer ear ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 27 September 2001 06:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Subwoofers
The more subs the better, because it tends to smooth room modes. That's more an issue than anything else.
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 16 August 2001 09:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Four Pi's finished!!
The 2245 is a very nice subwoofer and matches well with four Pi loudspeakers. Put it in a 8-10 cubic foot box tuned to 30Hz. I'd suggest using a pair of them, below the four Pi's and possibly off to the side a bit. Having them in a different position in...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 11:22:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio