Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 27 April 2003 15:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Towers
In my experience, baffle step is not a problem for speakers that are boundary loaded anyway. There is only a small frequency interval between where the baffle acts as a boundary and the rear wall acts as a boundary. Since this range isn't sharply marke...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 16 March 2003 08:19 «» By: bmar
Re: Sure, why not!
A few thoughts on MDF and laminated plywood. Baltic Birch and Apple Ply are some of the best in the business. They can have up to 13 or 15 layers in a 3/4" thickness. This is far denser than a standard 5 or 7 layer ply. It offers improved strength and stab...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 27 February 2003 11:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
PiAligned 2245
Can you squeeze 10 cubic feet? If so, a pair of PiAligned 2245 woofers would be just the ticket. If you need a smaller box, use 2235's in 4 cubic feet instead. Either way you go, overlap the mains with the subs so you have more bass sound sources. Thgi...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 December 2002 12:25 «» By: Michaelz
Re: Wow! Very interesting!
Hi, Walt:Thanks for the input!l=2.8mah=75cm2am=850cm2Could you please tell what ah and am (mouth area?) mean?I used HornResp to model a conical horn for the "corner horn".Actually, I calculated the vb (back chamber) and vf(front chamber volumes) and used t...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 November 2002 15:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pi 7 and suitable driver
Well, any corner horn implementation is a generalization. The very nature of the design is one that takes advantage of a feature almost all rooms have - their corners. This provides an eighth space orientation, and it also forms a conical horn. But the ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 28 October 2002 15:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Height for the Pi 4
It really depends a lot on the model, listening room and conditions. Usually the larger ones like the Theater Series, I prefer them standing on the ground. The smaller ones like the Professional and Stage Series are better off the ground a little bit, on...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 19 October 2002 04:01 «» By: mollecon
Re: questions..........................
Wayne is right - at frequencies that have long wavelength compared to the room dimensions the whole room is pressurised instead of the waves spreading in a normal fashion. But the idea of low frequencies not being audible in small rooms is quite a persista...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 18 October 2002 13:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Building 2pi Towers - COMPLETE!
Room modes in the basement are probably the culprit, actually. Try your system upstairs in the living room and you'll probably find that it sounds much different.Basements have rigid walls, and that make room modes strong and well-defined. It's almost im...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 September 2002 11:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
New fun things!
My vote is for these systems:1. Professional Series seven π if you've got the corners, four π if not.2. Stage Series seven π if you've got the corners, four π if not.3. A pair of subwoofers, to smooth room modes.Any of those would be a great...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 22 August 2002 14:24 «» By: Robert Hamel
Have you used the paramatric EQ's???
Hello BillI am very curious about it too. Looks like a great deal. I am thinking I can use the 3 parametric EQ's to notch out the worst room modes like the Infinity Rabos subs from my powered subs as well as EQ for my mains. With 3 per channel you could ge...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 11:33:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio