Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 12 September 2003 23:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Choices and optimizations
Remember that group delay is a function of rolloff slope. If you have a steep rolloff slope, then group delay is high. If the rolloff is gradual and slow, then group delay is small. Also unerstand that group delay goes up as cutoff frequency goes down. ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 05 September 2003 03:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Use it as a direct radiator
The LABhorn comes on-line at 30Hz. Below that, its LAB12 woofers are direct radiators in a fancy box. If the goal is bass between 30Hz and 100Hz, then the LABhorn works well. But using it at frequencies below that is not wise, in my opinion. And it is ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 09 August 2003 15:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Relevant info
The relevant issue is constructive summing in the listening area. If outdoors or in a large space, this is generally a simple matter of keeping sound sources within 1/4λ. That's not too hard at low frequency, but gets harder as frequency rises because ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 07 August 2003 21:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Phasing and subsystem delay
You've asked about having two dissimilar woofers, each having a slightly different delay. Consider also the delays caused by placement too. Delay can be caused by physical or electrical properties or it can be caused by having one sound source further aw...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 July 2003 23:58 «» By: toxicport.e
Re: basshorn
room modes will show up muckn up my nice response anyway :-Pit wil be a large room, approx 28ft x 19ft or so.:-Di am progressing in the modeling,im up to getting the labsub onto paper to compare it to mine,with the folding.i reduced the 1st fold in from th...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 June 2003 16:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi stage series placement
Don't raise four π loudspeakers more than a foot off the ground unless you're using them with subs. It's best to leave them within a few inches from the floor, angled back if desired.If you're using subs, you can put the main four π speakers up a li...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 June 2003 19:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi stage series placement
You're right - the Professional, Stage and Premium Series four π speakers aren't very tall. Personally, I like them on the floor with little slanted risers that angle them up a bit. This keeps them low enough that floor bounce isn't a problem, and the...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 23 May 2003 22:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
The Ouija board says...
There's no way to know without modeling and/or empirical testing. The proper implementation of subwoofer crossover depends more on the environment than anything else.Outdoors, you want the subs close together and close to the mains, if possible. The idea...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Two-way and three-way loudspeaker systems
Until about 1990, almost every speaker I built that had a woofer bigger than 10" was a three-way design. The one π and two π were the only two-way models I built. But in the early nineties, I started experimenting with two-way designs and I found ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 May 2003 23:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Corner horn answer
You actually don't want walls that are rigid. I know that's counter-intuitive, but the fact is that rigid walls cause sharp room modes. Having some panel flex in the walls and insulation behind them helps damp the room, much like having built-in bass tra...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 12:01:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio