Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: General «» Posted on: Thu, 02 September 2004 09:41 «» By: JackBlue
Re: influence of interior
I just thought of this. I wonder if cabin gain is partially caused by this phenomenon I'm thinking about and the interior 'pushes' the alignment. Maybe room gain is part standing wave modes, part 12db/oct lift and part from pushing the alignment. What do ...
2 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Wed, 25 August 2004 15:20 «» By: Ranier
Re: Studio Construction Techniques
I think taming reflections and room modes is most important.Ranier
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 21 August 2004 09:17 «» By: Adam
Re: Horn Design
Hi Mike,Thanks for the info. I am familiar with horn theory and hornRESP, I just like to have Wayne in on complex horn designs. The only reason I'm using stereo subwoofers is to decrease standing waves and room modes... Operating more than one subwoofer s...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 11 July 2004 13:37 «» By: wunhuanglo
BTW - the bass response
Just finished with the RTA and equalizer.Had to make serious cuts from 50 to 75Hz (room modes?).Have to kick it up for the natural roll-off below 50 Hz, but its about flat to 32 Hz at the listening position with +12dB of EQ.
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 22 May 2004 06:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: One driver for FULL spectrum or one driver for critical portion of spectrum?
I suppose both ideas are pretty reasonable.To me, I had always dismissed the single driver idea as having too much lost on the bottom end and the top end of the response curve for my tastes. They also tended to be limited to relatively low listening leve...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 01 April 2004 02:48 «» By: Adrian Mack
Other Drivers and stuff
Hey WayneJust modelled up a few other 18" drivers on the same horn. I found that JBL 2242, Eminence Omega 18, and Eminence Magnum 18LF show the EXACT same response curve as the 18-Sound 18LW1400 response curve in my first post. I almost thought I didn't c...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 26 January 2004 20:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constrained spatial loading
If a room's ceiling is eight feet high, then the expansion from the apex of the corner at the floor-wall-wall junction is purely conical for eight feet. At that point, another boundary is encountered - The ceiling makes the expansion become more like a p...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 12 January 2004 06:09 «» By: JLapaire
Cardioid subwoofer
Augsperger's cardioid looks very much like what Meyer is doing. A second driver 34" behind the first, inverted and delayed, produces the rear null. Within the cabinet, the rear driver might be assisting the front driver like a push-pull in spite of the ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 10 January 2004 12:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Do I "need" a subwoofer?
There are folks running 6" single driver speakers that are happy with the bass, although it really isn't getting much lower than 100Hz. Then there are others that want the 20-40Hz octave EQ'ed up louder than the mids.As for me, if a system's response doe...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 22 December 2003 08:55 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Any good suggestions for subwoofers with full ranges?
Hi Dave,I spent some time thinking about the problem of bass below 50Hz, since that is about all you can expect rom a single driver. I came up with the following options:1. an active sub, like the Hsu, that takes output from the low powered tube amp used ...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 11:50:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio