Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 18 January 2005 08:10 «» By: Kim Schultz
Re: Damping of concrete backwall.
Hi Adrian.I will build some corner basstraps first, and then place some fibreglass to absorb the first reflections from the speakers.And if needed I will pad the ceiling with fibreglass too at the first reflection.I have found out that the "boong" sound ...
2 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Fri, 14 January 2005 08:47 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: Damping of concrete backwall.
Hi KimAre you looking for room treatment for frequencies handled by the subwoofer or treatment for fullrange speakers? I think the biggest problem concerning bass frequencies in the home is room modes. Standing wave modes are impossible to rid of in any r...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 08 January 2005 13:44 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Trying to understand bass "quality"....
At Honda they tested the sound quality of variuos cars by having listeners listen to sounds and rate the sound while looking at a picture of the car. The correlation tracked the picture NOT the actual sound. Perception is a very dangerous thing in audio....
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 08 January 2005 13:14 «» By: tomservo
Re: Trying to understand bass "quality"....
Hi EarlSorry for the delay, I have time and inspiration to write in spurts it seems.In that rambling post I was trying to say that since they are home made speakers, it would be good to determine if they are behaving first, by removing the room and measur...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 25 December 2004 07:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Bandpass subs
Two things that are nice about corner placement are that room modes are energized equally and also that you gain directionality efficiency from π/2 placement. The corners become very large conical horns, similar to rectangular horns with 70o flare. I li...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 24 December 2004 12:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Bandpass subs
Well, that's true. Placing woofers strategically can help mitigate nulls from room modes. That's a pretty good strategy.
7 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sat, 04 December 2004 20:18 «» By: hitsware
Re: oops
"Some years ago, while designing the SCM8 dipole surround speaker (the triangular one) for B&W's original THX Home Theatre System, I was discussing with Quad's Peter Walker the problems of coping with the bass roll-off imposed by front-to-back cancellatio...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 17 November 2004 02:53 «» By: mollecon
Re: I'm using one...
You're right. I'd PREFER a closed box, or, ideally, a horn - but a horn that works down to 28Hz? Jeez... It would fill my room!What I like about my BP is, that it doesn't exagerate - I've heard way too many subs, that were very busy telling the whole worl...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 November 2004 13:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: new subwoofer
I can't imagine anyone using them for home hifi use, and in fact would encourage them to use multiple direct radiating subs instead. The multi-sub arrangement is more home-friendly than a massive hornsub and it has the advantage of smoothing room modes. ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 11 October 2004 15:24 «» By: Martin
More Resonances!
Here is something I wrote for the bass list and Madisound board a few years ago. It is consisten with the respsone above but adds a few different thoughts."Please find below a condensed and modified response that I posted on the bass list to a similar qu...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 11:49:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio