Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 23 February 2006 15:15 «» By: Earl Geddes
You don't seem to listen
My PhD thesis was on LF room modes. The Welti study was incomplete because it did not include the configurations that worked best. Any conclusions he drew were shortsighted at best.
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 23 February 2006 13:02 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: We've discussed this before
In a space with modes all are connected. In other words, unlike above the modal region, all points in the room are correlated and depend on what is happening at every other point. This is why random works as well as it does. Go random, it works better ...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 22 February 2006 11:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Sub placement
That's a tough one, as best location is really room specific. One thing I'd suggest is that you don't crossover the sub to the mains but allow them all to overlap. This will provide multiple bass sources which will help smoooth room modes.
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 21 February 2006 10:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sub placement
We've looked at this before, but I think it is always an interesting topic.Outdoors, the problem is you have a lot of area to energize. There is no room gain. But you don't have standing wave modes within the walls to worry about either. Just the nodes...
5 Forum: General «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2005 23:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Dr. Geddes and his review of RMAF
Regional audio shows don't bring in tens of thousands of attendees. CES and NAMM do, but the regional shows don't. The regional shows bring in a few locals and a few friends. Hundreds of people show up, not thousands. The guys that have made friends w...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 September 2005 06:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: best for SET's
There are lots of good speaker choices, depending on your amplifier and the price point you're comfortable with. For the room with useable corners, I'd suggest the best system would be the Audiophile Series seven π or seven π-18.Audiophile Series seven π...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 August 2005 12:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: HT questions and 7pi.
What you might want to do is to model the room matehmatically, to get an idea of what you're working with. Then maybe once you get close and have everything built and installed, you can make measurements at several positions to fine tune the installation...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 20 August 2005 23:37 «» By: Kim Schultz
Thx Wayne.I suspected the short wall was the way to go for placing the front on. And I like to have the rear´s behind me instead of to the sides.With analysis, do you mean calculating the room modes?I have a Dlsa measuring system can I use that for anythi...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 20 August 2005 21:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
I would setup along the short wall. I don't think seven π's all the way around would overpower the room, but it may be worthwhile to analyze the room modes. You'll have enough speakers that you can setup for best sound averaging.The good thing about hav...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 17 June 2005 01:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
π Cornerhorns - a brief history
The basic seven π cabinet has been unchanged since inception in the 1970's. It's a very simple design, with its main feature being that the woofer radiates from the apex of the room's corner. The corner is used as a large CD horn that provides 9dB DI a...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 08:24:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio