Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 28 March 2006 13:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement
I understand now that you are really talking about three different kinds of woofers. One kind is used as woofers in the mains, which are to be symmetrically placed. Another is a VLF sub, used to augment the extreme bottom end, rolled off where the main...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 28 March 2006 09:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Speaker placement
Speaking to the placement issue, how do you deal with the fact that bass and low mids in the modal region are coming from mains? I assume you suggest symmetrical placement for the mains, and probably you place them where they work best in the range above...
3 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sat, 25 March 2006 03:30 «» By: Ulrich Franz Thomanek
Re: Computer Simulation of Room Acoustics
Dear Mr. Parham and Dr. Geddes,As the chief developer of CARA (Computer Aided Room Acoustics) I want to clarify the mathematics implemented in CARA.Dr. Geddes states:"CARA is a ray tracing program. It will not be able to do the LF modal study. Ray tracin...
4 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 21 March 2006 13:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Computer Simulation of Room Acoustics
I recently purchased a software package for modeling room acoustics. On initial inspection, it's pretty impressive. I am setting up a study of several speaker setups in various rooms, sort of duplicating the Welti study but adding a few more configurat...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2006 16:21 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Sub placement
I see. But they did specify their bias for mono-bass irregardless of the studies purpose. I was just wondering if there is some consideration regarding that issue.I like the model of 5000 subwoofers in the room; no modes there; nosiree!
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2006 16:18 «» By: Duke
decorrelation
I guess the central question would be something like "what really matters regarding low frequency reproduction, and what's the best way to get it?" Apparently one thing that matters is the sense of spaciousness that good low frequency reproduc...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 23 February 2006 15:15 «» By: Earl Geddes
You don't seem to listen
My PhD thesis was on LF room modes. The Welti study was incomplete because it did not include the configurations that worked best. Any conclusions he drew were shortsighted at best.
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 23 February 2006 13:02 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: We've discussed this before
In a space with modes all are connected. In other words, unlike above the modal region, all points in the room are correlated and depend on what is happening at every other point. This is why random works as well as it does. Go random, it works better ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 22 February 2006 11:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Sub placement
That's a tough one, as best location is really room specific. One thing I'd suggest is that you don't crossover the sub to the mains but allow them all to overlap. This will provide multiple bass sources which will help smoooth room modes.
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 21 February 2006 10:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sub placement
We've looked at this before, but I think it is always an interesting topic.Outdoors, the problem is you have a lot of area to energize. There is no room gain. But you don't have standing wave modes within the walls to worry about either. Just the nodes...
Pages (50): [ «    34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49    »]

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 23:13:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio