Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 28 April 2007 09:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Use CARA to analyze the room
I suggest using CARA to anaylze the room with respect to woofer placement. Some rooms respond best to symmetrical placements, others to asymmetrical placements. It is entirely dependent on the room shape and the intended listening area.In any case, damp...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 13 April 2007 10:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: recommended amplification power
You can drive them with flea-power, 1 watt is just fine. I personally prefer more power, 10 watts minimum, for dynamic range, to handle the transients. Multi-amps are always good, just make sure you have CD EQ for the tweeter. In this case, I suggest a...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 20 March 2007 20:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: theater six?
You could probably do something like that, sure. It would probably sound pretty good. The midhorn I designed probably wouldn't work well with the Alpha 8MR, but you could change the throat and flare a little bit and come up with a very similar design. ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 16 March 2007 10:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Thoughts on ceiling treatments w/ line arrays?
As long as the ceiling doesn't buzz, it's good. A little bit of "give" helps damp room modes. In this regard, line arrays are particularly immune to floor and ceiling reflections because of the differences in path lengths between individual drivers and ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 11 March 2007 14:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sound absorbtion
R13 is simply fiberglass insulation that's 3.5" thick, uncompressed. It's used to absorb unwanted midrange frequencies inside the cabinet. Bass passes right through it because it isn't thick enough to absorb bass energy, and that's exactly what we want....
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 07 January 2007 10:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: likely 'in room' sound?
I've always found that the cornerhorn sounds best, mostly because the directivity is uniform throughout the audio band. The model cornerhorn you choose is more a cost and size consideration. As for room interaction, I suggest modeling with Cara. The on...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 28 November 2006 23:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Hornresp models, 0.5pi vs 1pi?
The measurement of the seven π midhorn shown in the previous post was not normalized to any particular reference value, so don't take its SPL as a 1W/1M or 2.83v/1M figure. The measurement was done in a relatively small room with reflections gated out...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 22 October 2006 23:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Professional series seven π and seven π-18
Here's a measurement of a seven π speaker in-room, but it's gated so bass response doesn't show up. It was done in a series of measurements made in an arc to test crossover summing and response at various positions in the room.seven π loudspeaker frequen...
9 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Wed, 27 September 2006 23:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Outdoor HT
Outdoor acoustics is different than indoors. Boundary reinforcement is reduced, room modes aren't present and reflections are reduced too. Those are all good things, but you might find you need more bass.
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 21 September 2006 14:45 «» By: GM
Re: part out Valencias & build NorthCreek or Pi? or keep Valencias?
Greets!OK, build this, preferably using either 19 mm 13 ply Baltic Birch, Appleply, or marine grade (only if you can find guaranteed no-void though) plywood (all dims inside): H = 40.5", W/D = 19.5", add a full width 811 horn mounting recess similar to t...
Pages (50): [ «    32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47    »]

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 08:43:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio