Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 August 2007 09:31 «» By: Vincent Molino
Re: Horns in groups, radiating into constrained space and room modes
i dont care about wieght or size..i want them to sound the best they can
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 August 2007 09:21 «» By: Vincent Molino
Re: Horns in groups, radiating into constrained space and room modes
honestly Wayne its gonna be so much work to make the 8 boxes and paint...id feel a lot better if i could pay you to design them...i allready spent 40 grand on my system.i believe the mid bass is the MOST important part of any system
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 August 2007 09:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Horns in groups, radiating into constrained space and room modes
You can certainly make horns smaller that will be used in groups or boundary loaded. Making them smaller on this assumption makes stand-alone use not an option though. Have you played around with Hornresp yet? It looks a little bit intimidating at f...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 August 2007 18:09 «» By: Tim Barnes
Re: Hardwood floor
My floor may be marginally better than some - it's an engineered hardwood floor (basically plywood planks) laid on a few mm of foam, over a particle board floor on joists (I used to have carpet). I also have a big rug in the middle of the room and quite a...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 August 2007 13:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room treatments
Raised hardwood floors are almost always problematic. Their acoustic contribution is usually even worse than room modes, because they tend to form a resonant chamber, like a large bass drum. You really have two sets of room modes to deal with when setti...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 08 August 2007 12:26 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi Sevens up and running!
I would suggest running braces along the front. Glue 1x2 wood along the panel with the taller dimension (2") standing up. That way it will resist panel flex.If you find room modes are troublesome, you may want to add a couple subwoofers. This may seem ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 August 2007 12:46 «» By: Tim Barnes
Pi Sevens up and running!
At the weekend I finally was able to install my new Pi Sevens in my living room. Here's a first set of impressions.My system is as follows: * Townshend Rock III turntable with Grado MM cardtridge. * EAR 834P phono stage* Naim CDP8i CD player* First Sound ...
8 Forum: General «» Posted on: Wed, 25 July 2007 12:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
"False wall" bass trap panels for concrete walls
Many homes have rooms with framed drywall construction. The flexibility of framed drywall with insulation behind it actually helps to damp room modes. The walls move and absorb some energy, providing a great deal of damping.But having concrete walls, yo...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Back from Dallas and depressed ...
It's the solid concrete. There's nothing to damp standing waves, so room modes are maximized. Framed drywall construction actually helps damp room modes because the drywall flexes and absorbs some of the bass. That's a good thing where room modes are c...
10 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 29 April 2007 18:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Bookshelves?
That's a good question. I wouldn't know unless I measured a room without books and then measured with books to compare the difference. My gut feeling is it will modify reflections in the upper midrange and treble as Duke has said, staggering standing wa...
Pages (50): [ «    31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46    »]

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 08:22:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio